Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 dodge cummins 2500. Injector problems??

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 dodge cummins 2500. Injector problems??

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Thanks man!!!

Nothing i dislike more then seeing someone spend money that they potentially do not have too.
    Same here, thats what i would like to avoid

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

When they say loose, do you know exactly what they they tightened? The injector itself? Supply tube? Injector wiring harness nuts on top? Just seems odd to me that just tightening an injector would make it go away. If it's tightened properly there shouldn't be any more issues. Do ya know what they torqued it too?

If that wire harness is loose will it cause the codes to come up that its the injectors?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

also right before the check engine light comes on both times the engine will surge like its leaping but barley going anywhere when you push the gas peddle and this happens a couple days before the light comes on and only happens once and goes away, once the nuts on the harness are tightened everything is fine again.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

It's definitely possible but normally it's pretty hard to tell exactly what the truck will do when there is an electrical issue as each truck is different.

I would assume it would do much more then just leap and surge but ya never know.

It might be worth while to see if the nuts happen to be the wrong size.

Measure the studs and the nuts.

Might be worth while to get new injector harness nuts.

Have they ever been removed?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks watersupply189, nathanc thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

It's definitely possible but normally it's pretty hard to tell exactly what the truck will do when there is an electrical issue as each truck is different.

I would assume it would do much more then just leap and surge but ya never know.

It might be worth while to see if the nuts happen to be the wrong size.

Measure the studs and the nuts.

Might be worth while to get new injector harness nuts.

Have they ever been removed?

I honestly don't know if they have or not.

I bought it used in 2017, I've never taken it off or let a mechanic, but the truck they said was a trade in I later found out had been repoed from a kid so now telling what he did knowing it was being taken (I found the paperwork hidden in the truck after I got it home)

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

well, i took care of the problem, went down to the dodge dealership got the same truck i had before but two years newer, about $30 extra in monthly payments, but its brand new never been driven and has warrantys. Im over trying to deal with that old truck. From the moment i got it ive had to replace things on it and the dealership i got it from refused any acknowledgement of the problems. so instead of fixing it more and messing with it i just got new. Thank you all for all of your help i really appreciate it. Have a great day

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nathanc View Post
    well, i took care of the problem, went down to the dodge dealership got the same truck i had before but two years newer, about $30 extra in monthly payments, but its brand new never been driven and has warrantys. Im over trying to deal with that old truck. From the moment i got it ive had to replace things on it and the dealership i got it from refused any acknowledgement of the problems. so instead of fixing it more and messing with it i just got new. Thank you all for all of your help i really appreciate it. Have a great day
    Sweet! Congratulations on your new truck! $30 more a month was a great deal and like you said there is warranty on this one. Throw a pic up of your new ride friend!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12