Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 dodge cummins 2500. Injector problems??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 dodge cummins 2500. Injector problems??

I need some help with my injectors. Ive gotten the check engine light on a couple times in the last few years and the code comes back saying injector 4 and this last time it said injector 4 nad 6. Well the mechanic went in and tightened them becuase he said they were loose and cleared the code and it doesnt come back on. I need to know if i should just replace the injectors or is there something else going on? Every so often it goes through a process of the mpg's dropping and getting louder then it goes back to normal and it goes away and runs great again. It doesnt blow any smoke, when its not going through its little process of dropping mpgs and all that it gets great gas mileage and runs perfect. Am i missing something, could it be the injectors need to be replaced or something else in that area is messed up and needs fixing? Im sure i need a different opinion then what this one mechanic told me and ill take it to others when i get the chance. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else or anyone else knows whats going on? Thanks for all the help

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 dodge cummins 2500. Injector problems??

Quote Originally Posted by nathanc View Post
    I need some help with my injectors. Ive gotten the check engine light on a couple times in the last few years and the code comes back saying injector 4 and this last time it said injector 4 nad 6. Well the mechanic went in and tightened them becuase he said they were loose and cleared the code and it doesnt come back on. I need to know if i should just replace the injectors or is there something else going on? Every so often it goes through a process of the mpg's dropping and getting louder then it goes back to normal and it goes away and runs great again. It doesnt blow any smoke, when its not going through its little process of dropping mpgs and all that it gets great gas mileage and runs perfect. Am i missing something, could it be the injectors need to be replaced or something else in that area is messed up and needs fixing? Im sure i need a different opinion then what this one mechanic told me and ill take it to others when i get the chance. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else or anyone else knows whats going on? Thanks for all the help
    So the codes have not been back since he tightened everything? How long ago was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Before spending the big bucks on injectors i would recommend taking it to a couple different shops. Normally if there is an injector issue your truck will not be happy and you will know it. What was the code exactly? What would the truck run like when the codes were active? May want to try some fuel additive as you may have a little bit of trash in there. Leading up to the first time this happened can you remember if you were extremely low on fuel? Last fuel filter change? Stopped at a shady fuel station?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No they dont come back. It happened last year, it got tightned and the code cleared and nothing came back and then it just happened last week and they got tightened and cleared the code and nothing has popped back up

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Im not sure the code exactly they just said injector 4 and then this last time injector 4 & 6. Right before the truck code comes on, ill push the gas and it will have have an issue going, i dont know how to explain it other then its like its out of gas. then that goes away and a day later the code pops up, once the injectors are tightend it doesnt happen again. The fuel mpgs dont change and the full is always at least half full or more. I do change the oil filter and all that often. Last year when this happened injector four was loose and then this time they didnt seem loose. I do try to add additives and everything to clean the truck out.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Before spending the big bucks on injectors i would recommend taking it to a couple different shops. Normally if there is an injector issue your truck will not be happy and you will know it. What was the code exactly? What would the truck run like when the codes were active? May want to try some fuel additive as you may have a little bit of trash in there. Leading up to the first time this happened can you remember if you were extremely low on fuel? Last fuel filter change? Stopped at a shady fuel station?
    X2 on this. You said it all

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    X2 on this. You said it all

Thanks man!!!

Nothing i dislike more then seeing someone spend money that they potentially do not have too.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks david3gen, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Im not sure the code exactly they just said injector 4 and then this last time injector 4 & 6. Right before the truck code comes on, ill push the gas and it will have have an issue going, i dont know how to explain it other then its like its out of gas. then that goes away and a day later the code pops up, once the injectors are tightend it doesnt happen again. The fuel mpgs dont change and the full is always at least half full or more. I do change the oil filter and all that often. Last year when this happened injector four was loose and then this time they didnt seem loose. I do try to add additives and everything to clean the truck out.
    When they say loose, do you know exactly what they they tightened? The injector itself? Supply tube? Injector wiring harness nuts on top? Just seems odd to me that just tightening an injector would make it go away. If it's tightened properly there shouldn't be any more issues. Do ya know what they torqued it too?

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    When they say loose, do you know exactly what they they tightened? The injector itself? Supply tube? Injector wiring harness nuts on top? Just seems odd to me that just tightening an injector would make it go away. If it's tightened properly there shouldn't be any more issues. Do ya know what they torqued it too?
    It was the injector wiring harness

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

the nuts on the top

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast