Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2008 6.7 5500 P0087, P1011, and P2262

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2008 6.7 5500 P0087, P1011, and P2262

2008 Dodge 5500 6.7 with 105k miles. Bought the thing with 56k miles.

Traveling at the moment pulling a 23' RV bumper pull with about 6k lbs of stuff on the flatbed. Going up moutains, (especially over 7k in elevation,) the beast starts sounding like the cockpit scene in the movie Aiplane. Throwing P0087, P1011, and P2262. Definite power loss and the engine brake goes bye bye when I need it the most. With no trailer attached, I get no codes.

Fuel filter and CCV have been replaced along with the pressure relief valve on the high pressure fuel rail. Bought the high pressure fuel rail sensor but haven't installed. When I do replace It I plan to check voltage at the plug.

Unknown hx on the lift pump, fuel injectors and the turbo. The turbo looks like it was worked on due to missing hose clamps and a different coolant hose. The turbo spins nicely and doesn't look gunked up. I see and hear no obvious air leaks.

I've been watching fuel pressure on my scanner and at idle its about 6400 psi. Pressure seems to rise nicely under load to about 26k. Just checked idle at 1200 rpm and pressure was about 6800 psi. That seemed low but I've never checked it in park before.

Never had any Regen issues that I know of but I live in a mountainous area where I'm always climbing or using the engine brake.

Don't know if this is normal or not but when climbing a long steep road, the turbo kicks in and the coolant temp climbs almost to overheat. It did not like the pass between idaho and Jackson, Wy. (Near 10k in elevation I believe.)

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2008 6.7 5500 P0087, P1011, and P2262

Welcome @Dodgerepaircosts
    According to code,symptoms and the way your truck is behaving. Its fuel related, pump and filter etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads