Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Can I wait on a delete pipe??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Can I wait on a delete pipe??

I just got my efi live and I want to load it now,but I have one minor issue..im very impatient. I’m going away in a couple days for a week and I don’t have the delete pipe yet and even if I did I would t I’ve the time to toss it in before I leave. Can I just remove all that junk under the truck and run it as is until I get back? I’d imagine it would be louder than with the delete pipe, is that the only downside?

its a 2017 3500 Laramie.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Can I wait on a delete pipe??

Quote Originally Posted by CLAY View Post
    I just got my efi live and I want to load it now,but I have one minor issue..im very impatient. I’m going away in a couple days for a week and I don’t have the delete pipe yet and even if I did I would t I’ve the time to toss it in before I leave. Can I just remove all that junk under the truck and run it as is until I get back? I’d imagine it would be louder than with the delete pipe, is that the only downside?

its a 2017 3500 Laramie.
    I wouldn’t, 30’ish miles and the filters may start to clog up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CLAY View Post

its a 2017 3500 Laramie.
    If it’s removed after you delete it I don’t see why you couldn’t but keep in mind with the exhaust off up near the front your gonna get a heck of a drone and good possibility of exhaust fumes up in your cab which I don’t have to tell you is extremely dangerous.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I took my exhaust off at the down pipe on my 4th gen. Sounded good, no fumes. But the truck lost a **** load of low end torque.

But yes, you can do this.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Will it run like that...... probably but it's really not a good idea. Not to mention it might soot up the underside of the truck making it a mess ro work on later.

"Patients grasshopper"!!!!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post