Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune for Delete

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for Delete

Not sure about that, I would give DRD a call or e-mail they usually get back quickly.

(877) 515-1776
    info@doublerdiesel.com

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Do you happen to know if the option exists to download tune files from DRD? I can likely get an MM3 Programmer locally, and hoping to get the tune just as quick. My truck is going into Limp Mode in 140 miles due to a bad DEF pump, so wanted to get everything taken care of ASAP. Thanks for your help so far!
    Welcome to the forum!

Generally speaking, you do not need to purchase your MM3 hardware and the tuning from the same place, but if you are going to buy the MM3 new then getting a package that includes both will probably be a better value.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

That all makes sense and thank you for helping me understand! One last question... when it comes to the tune, I'm being asked if I want a single power level or selectable across 5 different levels. All I do is every day driving, city and highway... don't typically tow anything or do any offroading. I assume I'd be fine with a single power level?

I actually have a stealth Module installed now and have never changed its power setting from "medium", which I think the device says 120hp gains, and I've read that anything more than that and I would need to upgrade fuel components and such. Would I be good with the single 120HP tune(and not have to upgrade anything else) or should I get selectable? Is there a benefit/downside to either?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

That all makes sense and thank you for helping me understand! One last question... when it comes to the tune, I'm being asked if I want a single power level or selectable across 5 different levels. All I do is every day driving, city and highway... don't typically tow anything or do any offroading. I assume I'd be fine with a single power level?

I actually have a stealth Module installed now and have never changed its power setting from "medium", which I think the device says 120hp gains, and I've read that anything more than that and I would need to upgrade fuel components and such. Would I be good with the single 120HP tune(and not have to upgrade anything else) or should I get selectable? Is there a benefit/downside to either?

It sounds like you may be content with a single tune. The 5 settings are 30, 60, 90, 120 and all out 200hp. These hp settings are created with your truck parts in mind so if you tell him it’s a stock truck he will create his file so all your stock components are still working within limitations.

Basically there is no need to upgrading anything as there is more power/fuel efficiency already there with a stock motor and fueling.

Most guys here here including myself have found the 120 tune from him is still clean, fuel efficient and 120x more fun to drive than stock

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    It sounds like you may be content with a single tune. The 5 settings are 30, 60, 90, 120 and all out 200hp. These hp settings are created with your truck parts in mind so if you tell him it’s a stock truck he will create his file so all your stock components are still working within limitations.

Basically there is no need to upgrading anything as there is more power/fuel efficiency already there with a stock motor and fueling.

Most guys here here including myself have found the 120 tune from him is still clean, fuel efficient and 120x more fun to drive than stock
    Perfect. Yeah, I have a cold air intake and will have no EGR or DPF but that's it. Do you think I'd be fine getting the 120HP assuming the tuner knows what I have and I'll be fine in not needing to upgrade any other components?

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Ray from DRD and the MM3 his tunes and that tuner our the best in the business hands down

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Yes you don’t want to go over 120hp with the stock setup. I believe the 5 HP setting are the best value and offer the most flexibility. If you go with one HP level you will be limiting yourself in the future. If you go with the 120 hp only you can forget about towing anything as your EGT’s will go through the roof. If I had to pick one I would probably go with the plus 30hp. Prior to tuning my truck I tried a Stealth module and sent it back. No comparison with throttle response and performance even with just the DRD 30 HP tune.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes you don’t want to go over 120hp with the stock setup. I believe the 5 HP setting are the best value and offer the most flexibility. If you go with one HP level you will be limiting yourself in the future. If you go with the 120 hp only you can forget about towing anything as your EGT’s will go through the roof. If I had to pick one I would probably go with the plus 30hp. Prior to tuning my truck I tried a Stealth module and sent it back. No comparison with throttle response and performance even with just the DRD 30 HP tune.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do tow a flatbed trailer and boat occassionally, but not often. Is there a tuner site that shows the comparisons on each of the HP levels? I have never changed my Stealth Module setting, so I figure I wouldn't change the MM3... unless of course I knew when TO change them perhaps..

12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I do tow a flatbed trailer and boat occassionally, but not often. Is there a tuner site that shows the comparisons on each of the HP levels? I have never changed my Stealth Module setting, so I figure I wouldn't change the MM3... unless of course I knew when TO change them perhaps..

Not that I am aware of. The 30HP tune is recommended for towing. As you mentioned in the beginning just like me you are looking for longevity not racing. I run the 60HP around town and the 90HP occasionally on the highway. Always 30HP when towing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Not that I am aware of. The 30HP tune is recommended for towing. As you mentioned in the beginning just like me you are looking for longevity not racing. I run the 60HP around town and the 90HP occasionally on the highway. Always 30HP when towing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That alone, helps. Why/when do you run 90 on the freeway? Just to have some occasional fun and accelerating around traffic?

Also, when would(if ever) you use the 120?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast