Thread: Tune for Delete

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for Delete

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    1) Tune and test
    2) Install Exhaust
    Everything else at your leisure.
    I sincerely hope this is my last question... but can I tune and test it, remove the EGR... and then remove/install my exhaust another day?

The tuner and EGR bypass comes on Tuesday and the exhaust on Wednesday... trying to get as much done as possible in as short a time frame since I'm pressed for time with kids at school and such...

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

My luck the exhaust wouldn't show up. If you're sure it's gonna be there and you don't need to drive it, then go for it. If it were me, I'd leave the egr on in case you have to reinstall the stock tune to drive it. Patience my son. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    My luck the exhaust wouldn't show up. If you're sure it's gonna be there and you don't need to drive it, then go for it. If it were me, I'd leave the egr on in case you have to reinstall the stock tune to drive it. Patience my son. LOL.

Okay that sort of answers my question. Basically if I run the tune, don't drive it until the exhaust is replaced. If I remove the EGR after it's tuned, then there's no way I'm driving it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Okay that sort of answers my question. Basically if I run the tune, don't drive it until the exhaust is replaced. If I remove the EGR after it's tuned, then there's no way I'm driving it.

Yep.

6. Likes jgruberman, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Yep.

Makes perfect sense, thank you! Once I get the programmer, I can install it and just not write the tune to the ECM though, correct? Just so it's installed and "ready for tuning" when I have all the other parts?

8. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Correct... you can use the MM3 for guages only until you're ready

9. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Correct... you can use the MM3 for guages only until you're ready

Great, thank you. And just for clarification(I'd rather appear stupid and reclarify than not ask and break something), using it for gauges only meaning have it fully installed to the OBD plug and the plug under the hood, just not altering any settings from the Programmer, correct?

11. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Yes. You can configure your gauges the way you want so you're ready to go.

12. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

So I got the exhaust removed and ready to install the new one. Got the truck tuned... and OOPS! I forgot I had my Stealth Module(https://www.stealthmodules.com/produ...ins-6-7l-13-19) still installed. I haven't driven the truck yet other than let it idle for 3-6 seconds to hear with no exhaust on... so I assume no damage done? Can I just remove the Stealth Module and re-tune? No harm, no foul?

13. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Since the stealth unit doesn’t write to the ECM I would think you should just be able to simply remove it and not have to retune. At this point you should be able to verify your engine check lite is out and the MM3 doesn’t show any fault codes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast