Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tune for Delete

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for Delete

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Welcome, I would recommend option #1. Install the parts and tunes yourself. Keep the tuner to monitor and record parameters, change power levels and clear any DTC’s you may encounter. You will also be able to reinstall or update your tune or return to stock tune if necessary in the future.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for chiming in AK Bob! I would actually prefer option 1, but not terribly familiar with the computer/electronic part of the delete. I don't necessarily need to monitor it going forward(but I'm sure it'll help later), my ultimate goal is for truck longevity. If there is a reasonably priced, straightforward to use(in terms of deleting EGR/DPF) then I'd absolutely love to know which!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Thanks for chiming in AK Bob! I would actually prefer option 1, but not terribly familiar with the computer/electronic part of the delete. I don't necessarily need to monitor it going forward(but I'm sure it'll help later), my ultimate goal is for truck longevity. If there is a reasonably priced, straightforward to use(in terms of deleting EGR/DPF) then I'd absolutely love to know which!

Check out DRD videos on U tube.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Likes TexNeck, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Check out DRD videos on U tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I'm guessing MM3 Tuner based on his videos? I'm at the point where I almost just need someone to tell me... get this and this The delete parts come Tuesday and hoping to get a tuner plan figured out by then

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Maybe I just don't get the concept. The programmer plugs into the computer and writes data over the stock computer. But how does the "tune" get to the programmer?

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Basically your new tune is written to an SD card by a professional tuner. The SD card with the new tune is inserted into the MM3 tuner and the MM3 writes the new tune to your vehicles ECM.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Basically your new tune is written to an SD card by a professional tuner. The SD card with the new tune is inserted into the MM3 tuner and the MM3 writes the new tune to your vehicles ECM.

Thank you, that's easy enough to understand... I work in IT so I understand the general concept of electronic devices and programming over stuff, etc.... so not worried about that. Just wasn't sure how the actual "tune" happened.

So I've found the MM3 Tuner, what are my other options? Someone on another forum said to shop around tuners and make sure I find the one to fit my needs... maybe you can help steer me as well AK Bob...

I'm looking to delete the EGR and the DPF... and I assume the DEF system goes also. I didn't really plan on monitoring it going forward, just wanted the actual delete completed.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thank you, that's easy enough to understand... I work in IT so I understand the general concept of electronic devices and programming over stuff, etc.... so not worried about that. Just wasn't sure how the actual "tune" happened.

So I've found the MM3 Tuner, what are my other options? Someone on another forum said to shop around tuners and make sure I find the one to fit my needs... maybe you can help steer me as well AK Bob...

I'm looking to delete the EGR and the DPF... and I assume the DEF system goes also. I didn't really plan on monitoring it going forward, just wanted the actual delete completed.

Looks like you are on the right track. The MM3 with DRD tunes will do everything you are looking for. Check out all the information on this forum and U tube and then you can make an informed decision.

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Looks like you are on the right track. The MM3 with DRD tunes will do everything you are looking for. Check out all the information on this forum and U tube and then you can make an informed decision.

And to purchase the DRD Tunes, I'd need to go lifetime on here then I can buy them through the website?

When you buy tunes, are they typically emailed to you and I put them on an SD card myself to load?

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

And to purchase the DRD Tunes, I'd need to go lifetime on here then I can buy them through the website?

When you buy tunes, are they typically emailed to you and I put them on an SD card myself to load?

Correct, the lifetime membership will also give you a 10% discount. The tunes will be written to the SD card and shipped to you with the MM3 ready to install based on your VIN # and any engine modifications you list on your order.

12. Likes jgruberman liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Correct, the lifetime membership will also give you a 10% discount. The tunes will be written to the SD card and shipped to you with the MM3 ready to install based on your VIN # and any engine modifications you list on your order.

Do you happen to know if the option exists to download tune files from DRD? I can likely get an MM3 Programmer locally, and hoping to get the tune just as quick. My truck is going into Limp Mode in 140 miles due to a bad DEF pump, so wanted to get everything taken care of ASAP. Thanks for your help so far!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast