Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Air bags, pros and cons of your brand.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air bags, pros and cons of your brand.

Hey everyone,

Update notes from research:
    Air Lift = auto level app is favorite of many, wireless and no lines to the cab and no switch. Bump stop internally prevents under 8nflatiin or damage...bc you remove the bump stop to install the bags. Auto level can go with any bags. Schrader valves in the back can go with any bags also.

Firestone = no complaints.

Helwig = one guy said better construction

Pac brake = two guys said beefier brackets

Don't do the T - If you do shrader valves to fill in the rear, don't do a T or the bag on the outside of a curve will deflate to the bag on the in side of the curve when the weight shifts to the outside of the curve thus increasing your ability to lean out esp w a large pallet of bricks/RV/etc. The air will go back and forth on turns vs each bag staying at their inflated psi individually.

Tell me about your airbags or anything you know. I want to add this to my newbies guide also. I'm trying to find everything about airbags.

I think I remember reading that all of them are pretty easy installations but that either air lift or somebody else had a little bit stronger brackets than the Firestone. I'm also looking at doing air lift that has a cell phone operated Auto leveler which would be kind of cool, but for the time being I think I'm just going to put to Schrader valves in the back. I already have the onboard air and I can just use my chuck and blow them up. As we start to RV more and more then I'll get an auto leveling system. Let me know any benefits pros and cons of your systems or the bags and installing those bags. I thought Firestone would install the bags but I guess they don't do that, he said only if it's factory then they can replace factory bags. I'm remodeling the house so I didn't really want to install them, but looks like I will.

Thanks guys!!!!

Update notes:
    Airlift looks like it bolts to the frame and axel. Not sure what type of truck was in the Amazon customer pic????

Firestone mount to the bottom of the leaf springs and the top above the lead springs.

Discussion:
    https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2...why.html?amp=1

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air bags, pros and cons of your brand.

I really like my Airlift bags. I ran separate fill valves out the bumper next to the license plate. Might add onboard air at some point but really don't change pressure that much.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I really like my Airlift bags. I ran separate fill valves out the bumper next to the license plate. Might add onboard air at some point but really don't change pressure that much.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    X2 love my airlift air bags also added on board air compressor and can adjust pressures with my IPhone

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I've been running AirLift on my pickup for over a year. Easy to install with just the Schrader valves back at the license plate.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have Firestone red label bags and I’m more than happy.

I run separate valves out back plumbed on the license plate.

7. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Those of you running the airlift brand ones...which model or set up did you choose?

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CBlock918 View Post
    Those of you running the airlift brand ones...which model or set up did you choose?
    I just looked up my order from 2017 - Air Lift 88295 LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Air Spring Kit with Internal Jounce Bumper.

I've been quite happy with mine.

They installed easily and have performed perfectly.

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins. RevMax built 68RFE "550" transmission w/ billet flexplate/low stall triple disc TC/direct oiling billet input shaft. 35"x12.50" Toyo Open Country AT2 tires on OEM 20" wheels, Thuren soft ride front springs, Thuren track bar, Thuren upper and lower control arms, Hellbent steering box brace, King 2.0 steering damper, Redhead steering box, Fox 2.0 shocks, Carli ball joints, Caterpillar fuel filter/Donaldson water separator, ARP 425 head studs, Viair onboard air compressor, airlift 5k# rear airbags, V4 LED headlights, Kenwood head unit

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post