Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loss Of All Power At First Sign Of Boost

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Loss Of All Power At First Sign Of Boost

I tried simply UN-plugging the MAF and MAP at the same time, starting engine and trying to drive it. The throttle was very laggy, but I was able to get 2 okay pulls in before the issue came back. By "okay" I mean I was able to build decent boost and let off before the sputtering happened as I ran out of street. Right after the 2 pulls the issue was back as i was turning the truck around. I then plugged them back in and had the same "2-pull" result and the issue was back.

Throughout this process I never threw a CEL, only thing that came up was the red lightening bolt and Service Electronic Throttle message. This auto cleared itself as soon as I plugged the sensors back in.

With sensors on, I held my foot on the pedal to the floor when the issue happened until the rpm dropped from about 2k to about 900 and it began to sputter and make power again where i then let off. This time the engine did die completely, but fired right up again after a key off/on

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Very possibly might be the LTFTs doing a big fat nope because your MAP is out of range. My guess is that during the "learning" period, the MAP was essentially being disregarded. You have to also consider that boost pressure is a measure of restriction and that your 2psi on your compound setup is going to actually be significantly more volume than 2psi on the factory VGT.

I'm not sure if this is your issue, hence the datalog, but it seems the most probable given the circumstances. Regardless, you should upgrade to a 10 bar MAP either way as the OE MAP is out of range above 32psi.
    I have posted a data log with what I think are the correct parameters. I can run more if needed.

Been checking over everything else and still no luck. My brother has the same year and engine as me for his truck so I will do some sensor swapping today to see if that’s discovers anything.

Do you see anything in that log that is useful? The rapid drop in rail pressure is when the sputtering happens...I just don’t know why the computer is telling the engine to defuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I have switched back to the “box tune” which I ran for 4 years issue free—-on this MAP I can not rev the engine in neutral either without it sputtering and smoking (black)

My custom tune is allot more “tame” then the box tune as I use my truck for towing allot and wanted to keep my stock bottom end together with the compounds.

So this could explain the results.

6. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Simple question, are you running two map sensors? One before the turbo and one on the intake horn? If you only have one, the system may not be measuring boost because of there being no reference from the preturbo sensor. Just a thought.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    Simple question, are you running two map sensors? One before the turbo and one on the intake horn? If you only have one, the system may not be measuring boost because of there being no reference from the preturbo sensor. Just a thought.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    I do not have 2 MAP sensors. I do have the MAF just behind the filter pre turbo and the MAP at the intake horn.

Is a secondary MAP an add on?

10. Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

SOLVED—for now, hopefully for ever

With all the testing and screwing around I’ve done I can’t say for certain I found the issue. But may have just been bad fuel as I did fill the day prior to issue.

Filters are almost new but drained and changed just to rule out. (They looked clean/not collapsed).

Truck runs perfect again. (Same fuel in tank).

Thanks everyone for the help and support—hopefully this is solved for good!

12. Thanks watersupply189, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes cwendel, watersupply189, Power247, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2016 View Post
    I have posted a data log with what I think are the correct parameters. I can run more if needed.

Been checking over everything else and still no luck. My brother has the same year and engine as me for his truck so I will do some sensor swapping today to see if that’s discovers anything.

Do you see anything in that log that is useful? The rapid drop in rail pressure is when the sputtering happens...I just don’t know why the computer is telling the engine to defuel

This is precisely what caught my eye you're draining the rail.

Are you running a FASS or AirDog setup?

14. Thanks Alex2016 thanked for this post
    Likes Alex2016, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    This is precisely what caught my eye you're draining the rail.

Are you running a FASS or AirDog setup?
    I'm curious to know more about your question.

Is a FASS or Air Dog setup causing an issue at the rail?

- Happy to be on the food chain at all…
    - Full-Medium-Speed

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123