Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: **help** write ECM request failed error 14025

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

**help** write ECM request failed error 14025

When i go to write the tune to my ECM (1st time with mm3 from DRD) I get this error. write ecm request failed error 14025. What next? I unhooked the unlock cable (previously not needed on this model, but installed anyways) and got an error 14000. Any help would be appreciated. Currently the truck is tuned with h&s mini maxx. I was told i didn't need to return to stock, so I didn't.

Brent

2010 Ram 2500 4X4.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: **help** write ECM request failed error 14025

What is your battery voltage during programing? This is usually the source of issues with programming.
    You should find a way to return to stock as a safeguard.
    The J1939 unlock cable is listed as a requirement regardless of year per the MM3 instructions on the DRD site. "The unlock cable must be plugged in all year models we service in order for the MM3 to function"
    Error code 14000 is telling you that the RSA unlock cable is unplugged.

I cannot find an explanation of error 14025.. @MM3 Power can you advise?

3. Likes MM3 Power liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brentbrennan View Post
    When i go to write the tune to my ECM (1st time with mm3 from DRD) I get this error. write ecm request failed error 14025. What next? I unhooked the unlock cable (previously not needed on this model, but installed anyways) and got an error 14000. Any help would be appreciated. Currently the truck is tuned with h&s mini maxx. I was told i didn't need to return to stock, so I didn't.

Brent

2010 Ram 2500 4X4.

Brent,

We have had a handful of trucks that had an H&S tune installed on 10-12 pickups and no matter what, it will give you error 14025.

This error code basically means that the MM3 can not properly communicate with your truck to bypass the RSA protection.

The reason for this is HS used a different calibration (not original to your truck).

The quickest solution is to return the truck to stock with the HS device if you still have it, then your MM3 will go right on.

If you no longer have that device, please contact us with your VIN number ready. support@mm3power.com

5. Thanks RamIt, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I do have the device and have my fingers crossed that it's not corrupted and will return to stock. I will be doing this return to stock around 2030 CST. Should I have issues I will email immediately support@mm3power.com for resolution. Thank you.

EDIT: I'm returning it to stock OEM tune with the H&S tuner now. I will keep you posted if I'm unable to retune with the MM3. Thank you.

Brent

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The truck has successfully been returned to stock (OEM) with the h&S tuner and successfully retuned with the MM3 by DRD.

One question regarding the switch feature. Switch 0 says RT, Switch 1 says stock, Switch 2 says tow. On Switch 1, is that +30, or is that completely stock?

Thanks for the help.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Switch 0 is +30, then 60, 90, 120, 150, 200

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

10. Likes Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Switch 0 is +30, then 60, 90, 120, 150, 200

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Is RT (switch 0) +0hp?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read your reply properly. I understand Switch 0 (RT) is +30, then switch 1 (stock) is +60, switch 2 (TOW) is +90

12. Likes AK Bob liked this post