Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squeeze every gallon...

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Squeeze every gallon...

Quote Originally Posted by Gc6312 View Post
    set cruise control between 55-60
    How are you not being run off the road on I-90, I-82 & I-84?

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gc6312 View Post
    Wow. what did I do right. 1st of all I have Cooper 275/70R18 tires on my 2017 Laramie 4 door long bed. I bought this truck used with 16k miles on it and I do not know if any tuning has been done on it as there are dead pedal and transmission issues that the Warp tunes should clear up (however it will be this weekend). My best mileage was 965 going from Seattle to Twin Falls ID approx. 650 miles getting 27.5 mpg filling up took just over 23.6 gallons. Things I did to get this mileage- tires at 80 all 4, set cruise control between 55-60 and only made one stop at the halfway mark which is just before climbing the grade outside of Pendleton OR. I have made this trip 4 times and the last 3 I averaged 23-25 mpg. When I complete the Ray tunes I hope to see it get a little better, but time will tell. I have towed with this rig getting 15 mpg with a 28 ft trailer weighing 9000 lbs per DOT scales near my home (this does not include truck weight).
    Dang 15 mpg towing 9K! Still doing 55-60 mph?

When I tow my 10K fifth wheel I only get 11 mpg, but I'm doing above 70 mph.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I normally leave early in the morning around 2 to 3 am and just enjoy the ride, I'm retired and time is all I have when driving. I-84 is the biggest challenge as the speed limit is 80 mph. I stay in the slow lane and patience is a vutue. If I see that I am holding up people, mostly the working group, I get out of there way or speed up.

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Yes I tow at 55 to 60. Mostly due to safety, I see so many accidents with people towing and the truck they are using weights less that what they are towing. It's hard enough to stop when an emergency happens as the trailer wants to pass the truck. I just installed the egt probe in the exhaust manifold and will finish installing the MM3 this weekend but waiting on parts before I fire it up. Hoping to get better mileage mostly in the towing department.

5. Likes InlineSix.7 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    Not impressed. At 20mpg I can go 2420 miles

Down hill in neutral with the key off don’t count.

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

It helps that I can carry 121 gallons of fuel.

8. Likes RamIt liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    It helps that I can carry 121 gallons of fuel.
    How many times do you have to restart the pump for that LOL

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

What do you mean?

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Not bad! I gave up my quest for 20+ mpgs when I went 35" tires. Congrats to you though!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I just got 245 miles out of not quite a 1/4 tank. Around 500 on 1/2 a tank. Eyeball, that's around 26 to 28 which I have clocked twice before in the hills. This trip took me to the jersey flats. I too have compensated for the tires and gears.

Greg. . . Did I embarrass you into a new picture? LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I just got 245 miles out of not quite a 1/4 tank. Around 500 on 1/2 a tank. Eyeball, that's around 26 to 28 which I have clocked twice before in the hills. This trip took me to the jersey flats. I too have compensated for the tires and gears.

Greg. . . Did I embarrass you into a new picture? LOL
    Haha, nope. It's just been that long since I logged into the forum from my PC. That pic was sooooo old so decided I should put up a recent one.

Your fuel mileage is awesome. I have been driving a ton of highway miles lately (4 trips from Greensboro to Charlotte, about 200 miles round trip each) and 19.x is as good as it gets. The stop and go traffic for the 10 miles in and out of downtown Charlotte kills any ground I make on the 180 miles of open road. I'd still rather drive my truck over anything else.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast