Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squeeze every gallon...

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Squeeze every gallon...

Quote Originally Posted by T1H5TA3 View Post
    That truck was a R&D test mule / Dyno mule... LOL
    Over the course of 3 years it prob made 1k pulls on the Dyno, wore I don't know how many different turbos , and beta tested and developed slot of software for several major players in the industry.

In my "normal " 750hp daily driver form it typically had some hybrid 120+ hp injectors and a custom 66mm turbo....
    In that same form is how it also got it's best economy....
    It liked RPM, If I kept it above 2k it was happy, closer to 3 it wanted to start to work, at 4k it wanted to party.
    Proof that people that love to lug the motors don't understand volumetric effiency...

My best tank ever was 850 ish doing 80+mph from Seattle to Montana and back.

Triple Nickel motors were the fuel economy Kings if properly tuned!
    So If you got 850 miles on your best fill up and used 40 gallons you got 21.25mpg. Not too bad for a big ole truck. On my highway trip from Michigan to Florida I could get 630 miles on my tank but when the low fuel light comes on the truck would only take 28 gallons.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Not impressed. At 20mpg I can go 2420 miles

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    Not impressed. At 20mpg I can go 2420 miles
    Show off hahaha

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I must disclose that a rarely get more than 15mpg though LOL

5. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Still getting ~1800 miles to a tank LOL

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

7. Likes Capt543 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I'm pretty close with you my normal is around 16-17 but I bo a lot of town driving

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I do a lot of trailer pulling so I usually end up around 10-11 empty trailer is 8900lbs

10. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I'll be getting 850 miles on a tank with my 5 gen. That will be the same trip I'm hauling 3 magical unicorns on my horse trailer. Hahahaha

Actually my 5 gen is getting 16 to 17 daily and 10 to 13 with my living quarters horse trailer.

2021 2500 68RFE..... I'll just keep the goodies a secret!!!

12. Likes Power247, RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Booch035 View Post
    I'll be getting 850 miles on a tank with my 5 gen. That will be the same trip I'm hauling 3 magical unicorns on my horse trailer. Hahahaha

Actually my 5 gen is getting 16 to 17 daily and 10 to 13 with my living quarters horse trailer.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Wow. what did I do right. 1st of all I have Cooper 275/70R18 tires on my 2017 Laramie 4 door long bed. I bought this truck used with 16k miles on it and I do not know if any tuning has been done on it as there are dead pedal and transmission issues that the Warp tunes should clear up (however it will be this weekend). My best mileage was 965 going from Seattle to Twin Falls ID approx. 650 miles getting 27.5 mpg filling up took just over 23.6 gallons. Things I did to get this mileage- tires at 80 all 4, set cruise control between 55-60 and only made one stop at the halfway mark which is just before climbing the grade outside of Pendleton OR. I have made this trip 4 times and the last 3 I averaged 23-25 mpg. When I complete the Ray tunes I hope to see it get a little better, but time will tell. I have towed with this rig getting 15 mpg with a 28 ft trailer weighing 9000 lbs per DOT scales near my home (this does not include truck weight).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast