Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Smarty help needed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Smarty help needed

I have a 2007.5 with a 6.7 auto trans full deleted everything removed and 5 inch straight pipe. Bought the truck like this. It has a tune from previous owner but I have no idea what it is. I bought an unmarried sj67us smarty jr. Will this tuner work for my needs with everything removed and will it cause me to have a cel. Currently run ing with no cels

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Smarty help needed

Quote Originally Posted by skipetex View Post
    I have a 2007.5 with a 6.7 auto trans full deleted everything removed and 5 inch straight pipe. Bought the truck like this. It has a tune from previous owner but I have no idea what it is. I bought an unmarried sj67us smarty jr. Will this tuner work for my needs with everything removed and will it cause me to have a cel. Currently run ing with no cels
    My understanding is you will be able to over write what’s on there currently. Hopefully someone will chime in who’s done it. Worst case call smarty in the motioning and confirm

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Before attempting to flash your truck you need to confirm that the 'us' version of the tuner will allow deletes. Plug it into your ODB port and scroll through the menus. If it has the right software then you are safe to install. You can install right over the old tuning.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Smarty tuners only work with emissions in tact. For your truck i recommend EFI live paired with a mm3 or cts2 for the digital gauges.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Smarty won't work unless it has the older ME files otherwise you'd need a Race Me tuner if you want to stick with the Smarty brand. As stated below, EFI Live would be your cheapest option if you're wanting new tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    My understanding is you will be able to over write what’s on there currently. Hopefully someone will chime in who’s done it. Worst case call smarty in the motioning and confirm
    He can overwrite whatever is on the ecm if he gets the proper tuner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Smarty tuners only work with emissions in tact. For your truck i recommend EFI live paired with a mm3 or cts2 for the digital gauges.
    x2 on the Smarty not working unless it has the older ME files.

Last edited by cumminsdieselfreak; 09-13-2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Edited information.
    2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Hey guys. It depends how old that Smarty is. I've had a couple Smarty tuners with delete 'ME' files for my 2012.

The tuning was great, but with no trans tuning, I switched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Hey guys. It depends how old that Smarty is. I've had a couple Smarty tuners with delete 'ME' files for my 2012.

The tuning was great, but with no trans tuning, I switched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, you're correct. I totally had a blonde moment and somehow forgot about the ME files.... Good catch.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post