Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster - Does It Help With Dead Pedal?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster - Does It Help With Dead Pedal?

2015 2500 has intermittent dead pedal and has almost got me into a pickle a time or two pulling across traffic to turn and was just curious as to whether or not this would help my situation out any or if it is worth the money to give it a try or if there is a better version than the bd, I've heard some say that there were a batch of throttle position sensors on this year were faulty but have yet to find a tsb on the issue any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster - Does It Help With Dead Pedal?

This is a topic with mixed reviews. plenty of people will say to avoid these on a diesel, while others say they are a must have.

I personally preferred my pedal sensitivity post-tuning.

4. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I am currently tuned with Kory Willis efi live running through a csp4 switch I noticed a very slight improvement in response after deleting and tuning but unfortunately still remains enough of an issue to be a concern, are there alot better tuning options out there than the setup I am currently running that is better all around that I should be looking into? I hear alot of great things about mm3 tuning for these trucks

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I can’t speak to EFI but I was very happy with the response I had out of my 4th gen running DRD tunes

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, One2doo liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C-MAN View Post
    I am currently tuned with Kory Willis efi live running through a csp4 switch I noticed a very slight improvement in response after deleting and tuning but unfortunately still remains enough of an issue to be a concern, are there alot better tuning options out there than the setup I am currently running that is better all around that I should be looking into? I hear alot of great things about mm3 tuning for these trucks
    Night and day stock vs MM3 and DRD tune for me. Throttle pedal responds when I push it. 1 run his 120hp tune for daily driving

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, One2doo liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Very happy with my MM3 tuned by DRD.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

12. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes One2doo liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

2015 2500 has intermittent dead pedal and has almost got me into a pickle a time or two pulling across traffic to turn and was just curious as to whether or not this would help my situation out any or if it is worth the money to give it a try or if there is a better version than the bd, I've heard some say that there were a batch of throttle position sensors on this year were faulty but have yet to find a tsb on the issue any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    A lot of my customers have had good luck with the pedal commander. Have you heard of them? If not shoot me a message and ill be more then happy to show you some info on it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Is it throwing any codes? Did it have this problem before the tuning? Also, I had a pedal commander on my 2018 4Runner, hated it. They amplify the signal going to your throttle so if you're having electrical issues with you tps I'd imagine it won't help you but I've been wrong before. Good luck and hope you get it fixed as this problem could get you or someone else hurt.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Thanks watersupply189, C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, C-MAN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I had my truck in the dealership a month or so ago for a few recalls to be done and I inquired about the dead pedal and they seemed to be aware of the issue. They checked for any stored codes and nothing turned up and also had no codes on my insight cts2 either. I was having this issue prior to tuning and I was kind of hoping it would take care of the problem.. it did help but very very little unfortunately I purchased the truck used and it currently has 36,000 miles I'm curious as to whether or not a pedal sensor could wear out at this mileage. buying the truck used I dont know how it was driven prior to me owning it which is a bummer.. seems like I should try to dig deeper into the root of the problem instead of trying to mask it with a throttle booster just yet if I dig up anymore dirt on this issue I'll be sure to share Thanks for the advice and replies ,very much appreciated

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I had my truck in the dealership a month or so ago for a few recalls to be done and I inquired about the dead pedal and they seemed to be aware of the issue. They checked for any stored codes and nothing turned up and also had no codes on my insight cts2 either. I was having this issue prior to tuning and I was kind of hoping it would take care of the problem.. it did help but very very little unfortunately I purchased the truck used and it currently has 36,000 miles I'm curious as to whether or not a pedal sensor could wear out at this mileage. buying the truck used I dont know how it was driven prior to me owning it which is a bummer.. seems like I should try to dig deeper into the root of the problem instead of trying to mask it with a throttle booster just yet if I dig up anymore dirt on this issue I'll be sure to share Thanks for the advice and replies ,very much appreciated
    Unfortunately drive by wire will sometimes give a dead pedal in certain instances. I have driven a lot of rentals for work and I almost got smoked in a Toyota Camry. I had to stop fast to avoid an accident and accelerate quick to avoid being rear ended but when I tried to accelerate it pretty much just laughed at me and coasted for about 5 seconds.

I have the BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster with the switch (stock, 50%, 75%, 100%, ludicrous 400%, and -50% valet) and DRD tunes. With the 120hp tune and the BD in ludicrous mode it is a whole new animal than the 120hp in stock booster setting.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

20. Thanks C-MAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Twalt1687 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast