Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! EGR Delete Noise

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help!!! EGR Delete Noise

Hello everyone; hope someone can help quick!!

Completed delete on my 2015 6.7L this weekend, MM3, Delete Pipe and EGR with Throttle Valve Delete.

After 100 miles or so of driving yesterday the plug in the rear blanking cap for the exhaust manifold blew out; I assumed it was my fault because I never checked the tightness. Replaced; all was good.

20 miles down interstate I start hearing a high pitch whining that followed boost pressure. Sounds like a radio in a 1967 Chevy with a bad ground; if you know what I am saying.

The sound is is really prevalent on the driver side; I am thinking Intake leaks some where.

I took off work today to figure this out; can some one please shed some light to save me time?

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help!!! EGR Delete Noise

Are you getting full boost?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AppRam View Post
    Hello everyone; hope someone can help quick!!

Completed delete on my 2015 6.7L this weekend, MM3, Delete Pipe and Egr with throttle valve delete.

After 100 miles or so of driving yesterday the plug in the rear blanking cap for the exhaust manifold blew out; I assumed it was my fault because I never checked the tightness. Replaced; all was good.

20 miles down interstate I start hearing a high pitch whining that followed boost pressure. Sounds like a radio in a 1967 Chevy with a bad ground; if you know what I am saying.

The sound is is really prevalent on the driver side; I am thinking Intake leaks some where.

I took off work today to figure this out; can some one please shed some light to save me time?
    Welcome friend!

Have you checked the tightness off all your bolts and to make sure you don’t have a gasket misaligned or broken?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have checked everything I could think of.

I am picking up washers for the blank off plates and new o-rings for the EGR intake blank off.

I will try that.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

And yes I am getting boost, when the plug blew out I was getting no boost and exhaust brake sounded like a jet air plane under the hood.

This is is a high pitch like blowing a blade of grass.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome @AppRam

Hopefully someone here can help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

To many possibilities to narrow it down via a forum.

Best advice I can give is, if you touched it, go back and make sure it's installed correctly & tight.

Given your symptoms, I'd focus on the hot side of the intake.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I found it people!!! It was the gasket between air horn and throttle valve delete when I figure out how to upload pics I will so maybe someone can benefit of it.

Thank all all of you for the fast responses; it show how this the truck community really is!!!!

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I found it people!!! It was the gasket between air horn and throttle valve delete when I figure out how to upload pics I will so maybe someone can benefit of it.

Thank all all of you for the fast responses; it show how this the truck community really is!!!!
    We are glad you found the issue.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

18. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Awesome!

Glad you found the problem!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

20. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast