Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 3500 HO

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 3500 HO

I love this truck! 2019 3509 srw 6.7 HO. This is my 1st RAM/Cummins, and my first diesel with emissions. Got tired of keeping the old 2000 F550 7.3 together, the truck was falling apart around the engine.

The Cummins used 3/4 tank of DEF in 680 miles- no towing 80% highway. Dealer reflashed PCM so we'll see if that helps. My question to all of you who know better...Does anyone have a "stealth" tune/stealth module for the 2019 HO? I don't have inspections to pass but want to be able fly under the radar if I get pulled by a trooper (I drive fast)so keeping the visual stock pieces IS important to me. Don't need more power, but better throttle response(dead pedal), better MPH and no DEF are the goals. I tow light, 12k# max and daily drive the truck.

All advise appreciated! Thanks!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 3500 HO

Quote Originally Posted by rmarchjr View Post
    I love this truck! 2019 3509 srw 6.7 HO. This is my 1st RAM/Cummins, and my first diesel with emissions. Got tired of keeping the old 2000 F550 7.3 together, the truck was falling apart around the engine.

The Cummins used 3/4 tank of DEF in 680 miles- no towing 80% highway. Dealer reflashed PCM so we'll see if that helps. My question to all of you who know better...Does anyone have a "stealth" tune/stealth module for the 2019 HO? I don't have inspections to pass but want to be able fly under the radar if I get pulled by a trooper (I drive fast)so keeping the visual stock pieces IS important to me. Don't need more power, but better throttle response(dead pedal), better MPH and no DEF are the goals. I tow light, 12k# max and daily drive the truck.

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase! To my knowledge they are not available for the 19's as of yet but will be in the near future. I have customers eagerly waiting on these as well LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Thomas1960, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome friend! Let’s see this truck you bought and congratulations!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes david3gen, Thomas1960, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome @rmarchjr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Congrats!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Your DEF usage depends HIGHLY on your ability to control your right foot.

My 19 2500 hasn't even used a full tank in over 2000 miles (75mph average speed, 80% highway)

No one has anything available for these trucks on the open market; you can thank the alphabet boys for that.

However, there may or may not be certain things behind closed doors that may or may not be getting worked on.

Your specific application is probable, but will come with several headaches.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

One more odd thing - the DPF filter gauge display shows 0% and has not changed from 22miles to today. The truck has not ever "Regened" to my knowledge.

Thank you all for your responses. 970 miles and she feels like she's just starting to loosen up a bit, power has improved from 22 miles, I'll change the oil this week to get the breaking garbage out maybe differentials as well.

1st tow is coming up next week, 8k# 500 miles, love the RAMBOX!

The Aisin trans does make a squeak noise on 3-4 upshift 38-44mph or converter lock(not sure which) but I don't really care, and it's not the smoothest shifting trans but on an HD truck it is great.

The tech is awesome and comforts also top-notch, RAM really killed it. They did fall down on 2 things - Towing Tech group - the truck was advertised as being able to read trailer Tire pressures - it can't without additional module being installed and rearview trailer camera also needs dealer wiring install & is not available at this time. I guess they got a little ahead of themselves but hopefully, they will make it right and install the stuff without charging us more- we'll see.

The only actual real issue is the terrible throttle response which is much better when rolling into the throttle vs flooring it, FYI - turn off "hill assistance", turn off "traction control" both seem to help a little.

Average mileage unloaded - 14.7

RamIT - I've only hit full throttle 2 times, I do average 75-85mph highway and the turbo is boosting a bit(8-12PSI at speed, 1800-2100rpm, 3.73rear), similar to the 7.3PSD. I always take it easy on the first 2K miles. I don't think the DEF usage is over-eager throttle usage, around town I drive like an old lady. 14-15ish MPG(according to the PCM, I have not measured and have heard the computer is optimistic). I only have 50 miles since RAM did the PCM update which is supposed to help excessive DEF usage.

I am very happy with it, hope she keeps improving and again - THANK YOU ALL - it is really great to have a resource like this to talk about the truck!!

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

One more odd thing - the DPF filter gauge display shows 0% and has not change from 22miles to today. Truck has not ever "Regened" to my knowledge.

Thank you all for your responses. 970 miles and she feels like she's just starting to loosen up a bit, power has improved from 22 miles, I'll change the oil this week to get the breakin garbage out maybe differentials as well.
    1st tow is coming up next week, 8k# 500 miles, love the RAMBOX!
    The Aisian trans does make a squeak noise on 3-4 upshift 38-44mph or converter lock(not sure which) but I don't really care, and its not the smoothest shifting trans but on a HD truck its great. The tech is awesome and comfort also top notch, RAM really killed it. They did fall down on 2 things - Towing Tech group - the truck was advertised as being able to read trailer Tire pressures - it can't without additional module being installed and rear view trailer camera also needs dealer wiring install & is not available at this time. I guess they got a little ahead of themselves but hopefully they will make it right and install the stuff without charging us more- we'll see.
    The only actual real issue is the terrible throttle response which is much better when rolling into the throttle vs flooring it, FYI - turn off "hill assistance", turn off "traction control" both seem to help a little.
    Average mileage unloaded - 14.7

RamIT - I've only hit full throttle 2 times, I do average 75-85mph highway and the turbo is boosting a bit(8-12PSI at speed, 1800-2100rpm, 3.73rear), similar to the 7.3PSD. I always take it easy on the first 2K miles. I don't think the DEF usage is over eager throttle usage, around town I drive like an old lady. 14-15ish MPG(according to the PCM, I have not measured and have heard the computer is optimistic). I only have 50 miles since RAM did the PCM update which is supposed to help excessive DEF usage.

I am very happy with it, hope she keeps improving and again - THANK YOU ALL - its really great to have a resource like this to talk about the truck!!
    You're not going to Regen in under 1K miles. And the DPF isn't going to fill up that fast either, unless you have major problems. Neither of these points are problems.

These trucks don't ship with "break-in" oil. You're welcome to change it however you like, but under 5K miles is a waste of money. I will be changing mine at 15K like I did on my last truck.

The transmission will smooth out the more you drive the truck, it's a learning transmission and it takes some time. My truck shifted like garbage for about 1500 miles.

Tow-Tech trailer tire pressures would naturally require an additional module as trailers, to my knowledge, aren't equipped with TPMS. As far as the trailer view camera goes, are you referring to the CHMSL camera? Or the aux one that attaches to the trailer? (Aux camera is not part of Tow-Tech)

Your throttle response is normal of a Cummins, they are not instant boost trucks and rolling into the throttle will always feel faster as the turbo spools faster.

It's unclear what update your dealer did as there are no TSBs referencing DEF usage on the 5th gen trucks. DEF usage is inherently tied to both throttle input & driving characteristics. City driving, Idling, and WOT will use the most DEF.

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast