Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Exhaust brake issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust brake issue

I have a 2004 ram 3500 dually 6 speed manual with a Jacob's exhuast brake and 300k and counting if that matters.

I have an issue with the Jacob's exhaust brake turning on. I've tested everything to just to find no issues with the vacuum system, electrical, or the viable its self. If I take the green wire that plugs into port 42 on the ecm and ground it the brake works with the switch pulled or pushed in but no led light. Please help I dont know where to go from here.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust brake issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ghough1 View Post
    I have a 2004 ram 3500 dually 6 speed manual with a Jacob's exhuast brake and 300k and counting if that matters.

I have an issue with the Jacob's exhaust brake turning on. I've tested everything to just to find no issues with the vacuum system, electrical, or the viable its self. If I take the green wire that plugs into port 42 on the ecm and ground it the brake works with the switch pulled or pushed in but no led light. Please help I dont know where to go from here.
    Welcome friend! Is the switch itself bad maybe?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well now I feel dumb as I over looked that I took the switch apart and the black, red, and yellow wire all broke right where they are soldered on so I resoldered them and now it works. Thanks!

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, 03 unicorn, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Well now I feel dumb as I over looked that I took the switch apart and the black, red, and yellow wire all broke right where they are soldered on so I resoldered them and now it works. Thanks!

No need to feel dumb what so ever. It's normally the small things that get overlooked and thankfully everyone on this forum is extremely helpful!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No need to feel that way friend. Just glad you got it fixed.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I had a similar thing with my trailer lights.

I fallowed from the plug checking the in the loom all the way to the fuse box only to find out I had 2 blown fuses.

Replaced them and i have lights again.

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post