Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Low Rpm surging

1. Top Of Page | #1

Low Rpm surging

I’m having an issue. I went to go to work this morning.

I started driving and the truck was surging. Rail pressure was dropping as it surged. It only would do it down low in the RPMS. Lowest I saw was about 3,800PSI.

Once I got over a certain rpm rail pressure would hold steady above 10K it was decent. At idle my MM3 is desiring 4600K psi and it’s surging from 2500-5000PSI.

I got fuel last night, drove about 50 miles home everything was fine and I turned it off. I’m hoping maybe it’s bad fuel or the filters need to be changed.

Truck is a 2017 with 11K miles tuned and deleted since 2K miles with no issues.

I’ve used Archoil in every tank for the past year as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Low Rpm surging

Sounds like a fuel issues for sure friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    I’m having an issue. I went to go to work this morning.

I started driving and the truck was surging. Rail pressure was dropping as it surged. It only would do it down low in the RPMS. Lowest I saw was about 3,800PSI.

Once I got over a certain rpm rail pressure would hold steady above 10K it was decent. At idle my MM3 is desiring 4600K psi and it’s surging from 2500-5000PSI.

I got fuel last night, drove about 50 miles home everything was fine and I turned it off. I’m hoping maybe it’s bad fuel or the filters need to be changed.

Truck is a 2017 with 11K miles tuned and deleted since 2K miles with no issues.

I’ve used Archoil in every tank for the past year as well.

Pull your filters and let us know what ya find. Also, drain your rear water separator and let us know what ya see.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

I dumped a whole bottle of power service meant for 100 gallons into my full tank and now the truck is running normal again.

I'm probably gonna order the black market performance cat filter for the engine filter swap it and throw a new water separator on either way.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Might want to keep an eye on the FCA. From what I understand adding additive as a cure is a diagnostic for a bad FCA.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #6

That’s good to know.

Thank you I’ll keep an eye on it.

I wonder if it would be warrantied if I took it in.