Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: ‘13 3500 key fob not working

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

‘13 3500 key fob not working

So ive replaced batteries in both fobs and have concluded one needs to be replaced, but one works unlocking, locking and remote starting the truck. However, neither remote is detected when i go to open the truck, it used to detect the fob and unlock when i touched the door handle.

Also ill sit there sometimes up to 10 minutes pressing the push start with the fob itself until eventually it detects it and starts. If truck is already running and a door is opened, it will say “keyfob not detected” and will ding for a while but the message will not go away.

So in conclusion whatever detects my key fobs isnt working right. But it must be a different module for the door locks and remote start, where is the receiver or whatever for the keyfobs? Im hoping maybe it just came lose or something. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'13 3500 4X4, S&B intake, 5" FloPro TBE, Raceme Ultra DRD tuned, BMP S366 Turbo Kit, Banks 3.5" intake elbow, Grid Heater Delete, CCV Filter Delete, EGR and DEF Delete (obviously),MagHytec deep Transmission pan, WeBoost (Wilson) 4GX-OTR cell phone booster, DeeZee 111 Gallon auxiliary tank with toolbox tethered to main tank, Ram Adjustable laptop mount, iBoard 4" running boards and some other stuff not as cool

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: ‘13 3500 key fob not working

Ever get any resolve to this?

I too have been experiencing similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If the battery is new or just been replaced and it still isn't working odds are the thin metal contacts on the bottom of the rubber pads has worn out. New can be purchased on amazon for 20 bucks. Had it happen. On my old truck before. (Just added factory auto start is why I ordered them this time)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CBlock918 View Post
    If the battery is new or just been replaced and it still isn't working odds are the thin metal contacts on the bottom of the rubber pads has worn out. New can be purchased on amazon for 20 bucks. Had it happen. On my old truck before. (Just added factory auto start is why I ordered them this time)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87cad52434.jpg

Thank for the advice.... I guess at the very least, it’s Cheap enough to try it out and hope for the best!!! My “key” looks a bit different from the attached but I’m sure I can find the same part for my fob!

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX_2500_Cummins View Post
    Thank for the advice.... I guess at the very least, it’s Cheap enough to try it out and hope for the best!!! My “key” looks a bit different from the attached but I’m sure I can find the same part for my fob!
    Yes sir anytime.

They have replacement key pads for all of them.

Or if u or a friend have alfa OBD u can reprogram a new key fob yourself.

If that doesn't fix it.

10. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post