Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: No power to half my electrical

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No power to half my electrical

Good afternoon group, I got something that has me stuck. I have a 99 dodge 3500 4x4
    It's a daily driver. I parked this past Friday night to have dinner, came out a hr or so later and my truck will not start. So I checked all the fuses and relays and everything was was good so I got under it to see if maybe the wire had broken or was loose and everything is good. So I jumped it at the starter and truck turned on. I got in and drove home. This is when I noticed my speedo is not working, my ac blower motor is not working ac is clicking on. No check engine light but have air bag and abs light on. Then I also noticed I have no reverse lights on. So I've checked all the connections to the ecm and fuse block it all looks good. A friend of mine thinks it the ecm he had something similar happened with his but his is a 96 with a 12v so I'm a loss right. Now. Thank you any inflammation you can help with.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No power to half my electrical

Quote Originally Posted by izz View Post
    Good afternoon group, I got something that has me stuck. I have a 99 dodge 3500 4x4
    It's a daily driver. I parked this past Friday night to have dinner, came out a hr or so later and my truck will not start. So I checked all the fuses and relays and everything was was good so I got under it to see if maybe the wire had broken or was loose and everything is good. So I jumped it at the starter and truck turned on. I got in and drove home. This is when I noticed my speedo is not working, my ac blower motor is not working ac is clicking on. No check engine light but have air bag and abs light on. Then I also noticed I have no reverse lights on. So I've checked all the connections to the ecm and fuse block it all looks good. A friend of mine thinks it the ecm he had something similar happened with his but his is a 96 with a 12v so I'm a loss right. Now. Thank you any inflammation you can help with.
    I had a 98 12v and mine did the same thing. I found a fuse blown. I think it was a 30 or 50 amp fuse? I can’t remember it was a long time ago. One of those big block ones on the drivers side fender well. I do remember I had to get it from the dealership because local part stores didn’t carry it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for your information.

Just to be clear it's the power distribution block.

The color coded block fuses on the left.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Not entirely sure if you have this and not saying you wouldn't have checked... but does your truck have the fuse panel in the side of the dash when you open the drivers door?

I only say this because I had something similar on my 2000 and it was a fuse in that little box inside.. forget which one it was but caused everything to go crazy.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post