Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlight Bulb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

LED Headlight Bulb

New to the Dodge world, but i have a 2017 Ram 2500 with projectors headlights and cant see very well at night. Is there a LED bulb replacement that will work better than stocks??

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: LED Headlight Bulb

Quote Originally Posted by tgromer View Post
    New to the Dodge world, but i have a 2017 Ram 2500 with projectors headlights and cant see very well at night. Is there a LED bulb replacement that will work better than stocks??
    Some folks run LED’s with no issues on their trucks and others like me can’t get the lights to work half the time because of the canBUS system on the truck. I’m running HID’s in my projectors with canBUS adapters and haven’t had an issue.
    I agree the stock headlights gives out very poor light

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

LED's are great for the road, but I don't think they fit projector headlamp housings. It might be cheaper going to a minimum 5k or better projector headlight replacements. My wife car I just got her are projectors and that's the route I had to go.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I feel your pain & the older I get the worse my eyes are @ night!
    My Bighorn come with the HORRID quad reflector design lights & they are the worst I've ever experienced.

The brights are awesome - but the low beams are almost non-existent.
    Different bulbs seem to help some & LEDs - have proven to have a horrible life expectancy.

My son - put HIDs in his stock GMC projectors (Probably similar to Watersupply) & the results are amazing. He matched the (color/Lumens) with his fogs & the looks & brightness is so awesome.

He did also angle the light more downward so on coming traffic would not be blinded - since his ZR1 is levelled.

I'm now looking at protector replacements - but Holy Cow! They are not Cheap.
    I tend to agree - HIDs are the way to go.

Then find fogs to match (color)

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

We should be able to help ya out with that project bud. Ill shoot you a message.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

CANBUS & LEDs is a royal PITA. I had my Rigid fogs connected to my OE fog switch in my 4th gen and the lights would randomly turn into epilepsy inducers for no reason. Had to go hard wired to fix it.

Also, LED in halogen housings is difficult to aim correctly unless you have a bulb that can rotate. You should consider HIDs and/or a retrofit setup.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Hmm so what route would you suggest as far as the HID'S??

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hmm so what route would you suggest as far as the HID'S??
    35w 5000k kit, adjust the beam pattern down so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

Or if you have some disposable income, get a set of retrofit lights made with Morimoto XB projectors. Retro Shop builds some of the highest quality custom lights on the market.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    35w 5000k kit, adjust the beam pattern down so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

Or if you have some disposable income, get a set of retrofit lights made with Morimoto XB projectors. Retro Shop builds some of the highest quality custom lights on the market.
    I've been considering these to replace my ebay brand 50w do you guys recommend sticking with the 35w for quadbeams? Is 50w too much?

Don't want to be blinding people I understand I will need to re-aim them.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    I've been considering these to replace my ebay brand 50w do you guys recommend sticking with the 35w for quadbeams? Is 50w too much?

Don't want to be blinding people I understand I will need to re-aim them.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires
    50w is WAY too bright for street use especially in a non-projector housing.

20. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Opie15, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast