Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust questions

Hey all,

I apologize in advance, I know there are a lot of threads covering a variety of exhaust based questions, I just haven't been able to find one that completely covers what I'm looking for, maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

I can't seem to find what/which components exactly are what in my factory exhaust (is it DPF/Muffler? Is it DPF/SCR? DPF/Cat?)
    The truck is a 2015 2500 CCLB pickup.

I'm looking to get the proper fitting delete pipe (DRD MM3 just ordered), and retain the muffler (if it is a muffler) and keep the very quiet factory sounding exhaust.

I'm not looking to cut anything if it can be avoided, direct fit would be perfect.

If anyone could point me in the right direction/ part numbers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust questions

Quote Originally Posted by 68Joker View Post
    Hey all,

I apologize in advance, I know there are a lot of threads covering a variety of exhaust based questions, I just haven't been able to find one that completely covers what I'm looking for, maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

I can't seem to find what/which components exactly are what in my factory exhaust (is it DPF/Muffler? Is it DPF/SCR? DPF/Cat?)
    The truck is a 2015 2500 CCLB pickup.

I'm looking to get the proper fitting delete pipe (DRD MM3 just ordered), and retain the muffler (if it is a muffler) and keep the very quiet factory sounding exhaust.

I'm not looking to cut anything if it can be avoided, direct fit would be perfect.

If anyone could point me in the right direction/ part numbers, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    You should have a SCR / DPF in that order.

There isn't a factory muffler, best option would be find a 4" exhaust system that comes with a muffler if you don't want to cut anything.

I got the race pipe and found a muffler for $50 when I first did my delete.

Now I have a F.T.E. resonator in front of my muffler for towing.

My truck pretty much sounds stock in the cab.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

4. Thanks watersupply189, 68Joker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, 68Joker, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the clarification, that makes a lot more sense.

Now I know what I need to shop for.

Much appreciated!

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Exhaust System.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks watersupply189, MC250r719, timshooter40 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you AK Bob, picture is a huge help!

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can listen on you-tube on some exhaust or mufflers on a 6.7.

If you are trying to be on a budget and keep sound in check, as in in cab sound, towing sound or all out sound in general. send some emails to some vendors on this site.

My plan when I jump from DRD emission compliant tuning to deleted, I will get a delete pipe and place a Aeroturbine muffler within the delete pipe.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thank you, I looked at quite a few videos on youtube. I ended up going with 2 - 24" Resonator style mufflers off eBay (completely stainless steel construction, at $54/ea) to run in place of the SCR/DPF, as well as a delete kit with the factory style flange to connect to my original exhaust and not have to hack up anything I'm removing. All in all, it ran a total of $300 for the mufflers, pipe kit, and clamps. Not the worst price in the world for an exhaust, and nothing gets hacked, so there's easy replacement if need be at any time. I'll have to start some type of 'build' thread and post up pictures once I get all the parts in. My brother and I are also in the process of designing and building a mount for the MM3 programmer to use a factory location that should work out well, more details will follow on that as well

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thank you, I looked at quite a few videos on youtube. I ended up going with 2 - 24" Resonator style mufflers off eBay (completely stainless steel construction, at $54/ea) to run in place of the SCR/DPF, as well as a delete kit with the factory style flange to connect to my original exhaust and not have to hack up anything I'm removing. All in all, it ran a total of $300 for the mufflers, pipe kit, and clamps. Not the worst price in the world for an exhaust, and nothing gets hacked, so there's easy replacement if need be at any time. I'll have to start some type of 'build' thread and post up pictures once I get all the parts in. My brother and I are also in the process of designing and building a mount for the MM3 programmer to use a factory location that should work out well, more details will follow on that as well
    Looking forward to seeing this...I am looking for an alternative to what I’m running now (suction cup top left windshield)

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I would like to see your mount as well.

I have the pillar mount and am fine with it but your idea may help others that only have the suction cup mount.

Keep us in the loop!!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

20190716_154423.jpg

Just another option. The suction cup has held here for a few months now. There is a little opening in the back of the tray toward the top to bring the cable through. Eye level is probably preferred but this hasn't been too bad.

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, George498 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast