Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service ABS Light on Help!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service ABS Light on Help!!

Ok, I have a 2017 2500 all stock other than the leveling kit. Last week I hit a pot hole and my service ABS light flashed and came on the screen, then it went away. It kept coming on and going off periodically at random times. I figured it was just one of the speed sensors going bad, it finally came on and won't go away. So today I hooked up a code reader and to my surprise it wasn't that simple. The code i'm getting is C0020-01 1:ABS pump Motor Control 2:Recirculation pump-general electrical failure. Has anyone experienced this before and where can I start to trouble shoot. I checked fuses but is their a relay maybe i should check. Thanks for any help.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service ABS Light on Help!!

Following as my service abs comes and goes too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Check the wires going to the pump first. Then check the grounds.

Bad grounds are usually the cause unless your pump motor went bad.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ok, I tried to find as many electrical connections related to the brake system as possible i only found one at the brake reservoir which I assume measures level. I can't find the Electronic brake module to check around that. I even checked the connection at the brake pedal since it seems to do it some times only when I press the brakes. Also How many grounds does the 4th gens have? I know my second gen had 6 i believe.

2017 2500 CCSB, 2.5" Thuren Springs, Thuren Active Rate Sway Bar, King steering stabilizer shock, Anthem Commanders wrapped in 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, S&B Intake, The Dr's prescription performance enhancer.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

So for anyone that maybe following this thread or comes across is searching for a solution to the same problem. I was able to get mine fixed today, it turned out i was having an internal short in my ABS module. The dealership wound up replacing my ABS module and the Hydraulic Control Unit with it, they said they have been seeing this issue a lot recently in the heavy duty trucks. Even though my truck was out of warranty by miles not age they covered it for me and only had to pay a $100 deductible so a big shout out to Greenbriar dodge of Chesapeake, VA.

2017 2500 CCSB, 2.5" Thuren Springs, Thuren Active Rate Sway Bar, King steering stabilizer shock, Anthem Commanders wrapped in 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, S&B Intake, The Dr's prescription performance enhancer.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r View Post
    So for anyone that maybe following this thread or comes across is searching for a solution to the same problem. I was able to get mine fixed today, it turned out i was having an internal short in my ABS module. The dealership wound up replacing my ABS module and the Hydraulic Control Unit with it, they said they have been seeing this issue a lot recently in the heavy duty trucks. Even though my truck was out of warranty by miles not age they covered it for me and only had to pay a $100 deductible so a big shout out to Greenbriar dodge of Chesapeake, VA.
    That's really cool they took care of you like that. Glad you got it sorted.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes watersupply189, Mariner liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    That's really cool they took care of you like that. Glad you got it sorted.
    I know, I drive by 2 other dealerships in order to go to them because of their customer service.

14. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have same problem my service abs light and service electronic break lights keep turning on and off at random times it only has 15,000 miles on truck and has been deleted and tuned by drd (best thing I ever did) I cant get it to do it long enough to get to dealer to see what's going on

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The chad View Post
    I have same problem my service abs light and service electronic break lights keep turning on and off at random times it only has 15,000 miles on truck and has been deleted and tuned by drd (best thing I ever did) I cant get it to do it long enough to get to dealer to see what's going on
    Welcome friend!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I had the same code on mine, replaced abs module, cleared code and to my suprise its still doing it. Intermittent service abs light going on and off every few seconds until its finally constant. no other codes present.

Batteries are good , fuses are all good, stumped........

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast