Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Service ABS Light on Help!!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Service ABS Light on Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Negative11 View Post
    I had the same code on mine, replaced abs module, cleared code and to my suprise its still doing it. Intermittent service abs light going on and off every few seconds until its finally constant. no other codes present.

Batteries are good , fuses are all good, stumped........
    I think I read somewhere the module has to be programmed?

This thread is exactly the issue I had last week, and I’m just seeing it now. Created my own thread because I didn’t get any hits in this forum for it LOL. But yes it’s almost certainly the module, but it may need a flash from the dealer.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The chad View Post
    I have same problem my service abs light and service electronic break lights keep turning on and off at random times it only has 15,000 miles on truck and has been deleted and tuned by drd (best thing I ever did) I cant get it to do it long enough to get to dealer to see what's going on
    If you swing by the dealer after it’s been illuminated at some point during ignition, as long as you don’t shut the truck off, they’ll be able to read the code thru the OBD port whether it’s currently in alarm or not. That’s what I did and they pulled the code even though it wasn’t actually in alarm when I showed up at the service center.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Good news today took to dealer and said it was a bad abs module good to go now

6. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I am aware of the age of this thread but I just took mine in, to the dealership.

I was just wondering if anyone has thought about just bleeding the brakes first?

I did AFTER the fact.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I just started getting this code last week for some reason? I noticed when it’s wet out the system acts up. The only thing I did recently was had a leveling kit installed. This dinging with the ABS light is about to drive me crazy it will ding every 10 seconds. I wonder if something got knocked loose when the leveling kit was installed. The truck only has 17k on it.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12