Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission noise

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission noise

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Mine was close too, but when the motor is torqued or suspension is flexed it’ll hit. Maybe it’s something minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope it’s something minor b/c I can’t afford a $6,000 trans rebuild

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Do you have that blind grease fitting on the front drive shaft??

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Do you have that blind grease fitting on the front drive shaft??
    I’m not sure I haven’t looked yet I haven’t done my first oil change, I would assume I do it’s a 16 but you would think the stealership would have when they got the truck on trade in. I say that but the left me with 15% fuel filter life

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    I’m not sure I haven’t looked yet I haven’t done my first oil change, I would assume I do it’s a 16 but you would think the stealership would have when they got the truck on trade in. I say that but the left me with 15% fuel filter life

You should have that grease fitting. I have it on my 2016 and you need a needle end to grease. It recommends greasing at every oil change interval. Why Ram has that the only grease fitting on the entire truck is beyond me...

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I certainly would NOT count on the dealership to even know where that fitting is let alone actually grease it. I struggled for the longest time to find it. Actually went to the dealer because of the sticker under the hood...... they didn't know what I was talking about.

It's a long shot that's the issue but something to check.

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I certainly would NOT count on the dealership to even know where that fitting is let alone actually grease it. I struggled for the longest time to find it. Actually went to the dealer because of the sticker under the hood...... they didn't know what I was talking about.

It's a long shot that's the issue but something to check.

Cheers,
    Yeah it’s really hard to find but it is there. I had two dealerships tell me there is no grease fittings on these trucks. I said well explain to me why is there a sticker under the hood and it also states it in the owners manual to grease it at every oil change interval? They just gave a blank look like I was crazy. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yup- The deer in the head lights look.....dah

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12