Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: amp help (solved closed)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

amp help (solved closed)

I recently installed my sub and amp in my truck and everything was working fine until the other day my amp overheated and it went into a protection mode from what i can find on the internet... is there a way to get them out of protection mode and should i be looking for a problem causing it to overheat it is wired correctly with an inline fuse on the power cable sub is bridged just not sure what would cause the amp to randomly overheat... and amp is in open area under back seat of my 99

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Pull the fuse out. It should reset.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Make sure NO WIRES are touching. This could mean touching each other or touching metal under your seat. Also try un-bridging them. You could be overloading it. Also maybe your rms can't handle the subs. So try turning your watts. See how it plays then

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I found the problem after searching more online turns out my amp fried a chip and is common for the amp i had amp only cost me 40 bucks from my friend used so i guess just time to go buy a new amp

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

LOL I would've just said that right off the bat if I knew it was a cheap amp. ALWAYS see that happening

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well the reason i got it cheap was cuz it is my friend from high school who upgraded so he just wanted them gone i just got a good deal on them got a 10in kicker sub and amp for 40 bucks everything worked fine no problems what so ever until this i wouldnt have bought it for that cheap if it was from someone if i didnt know them

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yea that's always a problem:/

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Time for a new amp, let us know what you are looking for. We carry full line of audio products

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@TTLM View Post
    Time for a new amp, let us know what you are looking for. We carry full line of audio products
    +1