Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uconnect glitching after update

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Uconnect glitching after update

If it failed because the update failed, Uconnect should replace it.

Have you called them?

Happened to me on a previous update.

The replaced it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189, Ed's2013Ram3500 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cwendel, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I've talked to them but not after I got the news from the dealer. Thanks for the tip, I'll call them again tomorrow.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I hate that- for $1200 I’d look at the “Tesla” Screen options....keep us posted!

you may try looking at navrepair.com (I think) they are out of FL and offer refurbished or repair your unit for cheaper than dealer.
    I think the Tesla screen options are the best out their as far as functionality and compatibility. I'm leaning towards the Linkswell. It looks like a top notch company.

6. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's2013Ram3500 View Post
    I think the Tesla screen options are the best out their as far as functionality and compatibility. I'm leaning towards the Linkswell. It looks like a top notch company.
    Dang I like that! Thanks for posting this.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes Ed's2013Ram3500 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I've talked to them but not after I got the news from the dealer. Thanks for the tip, I'll call them again tomorrow.
    Yea it’s worth a shot! Just be patient with them. They will probably have you try again or some other procedure but in the end, if their update caused the failure it’s their fault. When I had my issue they said there had been a lot of problems with my update so they had no problem replacing it. Keep the dealer info handy since they will probably ask you about it and it might speed things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Ed's2013Ram3500, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has received a message in the last week to update their uconnect? I got in my truck on Friday of last week and there was a message on the touchscreen saying I need to schedule an update. I set the time for the update to occur while I was parked for a few hours. After I got back in my truck the display read "Software update in progress". I waited until it was 100% complete and then took off. After about a minute it shut off then went to a screen that said "Wait 5-15 minutes" then 10 seconds later it went back to the "Software update in progress" screen. It makes it to 100% and about a minute later repeats the whole process again. It's been in this loop since Friday. Anybody else experience this? I called Uconnect and they just said take it to the dealer.
    Same junk happened to me. Mines been doing it for about a week and ive not been able to get it to update yet. Was actually just fixin to post a thread on here when i seen this. Have you figured it out yet?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Same junk happened to me. Mines been doing it for about a week and ive not been able to get it to update yet. Was actually just fixin to post a thread on here when i seen this. Have you figured it out yet?
    I ended up taking it back to the dealer and they charged me $1,400 to put a new reconditioned head unit in there.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I ended up taking it back to the dealer and they charged me $1,400 to put a new reconditioned head unit in there.
    The heck with that. Ill go without a radio if i cant update it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

16. Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

The heck with that. Ill go without a radio if i cant update it.

18. Likes watersupply189, cwendel liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

The heck with that. Ill go without a radio if i cant update it. This is the message you had right?

Attached Images Attached Images

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast