Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uconnect glitching after update

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Uconnect glitching after update

Haven’t received the update message on the screen yet. Agree with the other guys, uconnect and dealership are totally useless.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Mine had an update about 2 years ago. Is there another update for these radios? I haven’t seen anything like that come across my screen.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    The heck with that. Ill go without a radio if i cant update it. This is the message you had right?
    No, mine would actually download and say it was 100% done updating and then work for about a minute and then download again. It was stuck in that cycle and there was no fixing it. I came really close to buying a t Style but it wasn't working properly with my year of pick up so I just went back with the factory 8.4 in. Trust me, I'm frustrated about it.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Just started getting the message to update my Uconnect last night.

Little bit nervous to let it rip now.

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

This might be a stupid question but updating Uconnect over the "air" on the screen won't affect tuning or anything correct?

Didn't think much about it until I read the message a little closer saying "some driver aids may not be available during update". So not sure how deep the update goes.

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

nope it wont do anything negative to
    a tuned truck

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

11. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

This AM i got the prompt to update my Uconnect. and I did it and have no issues.

Justin

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    This AM i got the prompt to update my Uconnect. and I did it and have no issues.
    What was this update for?

Did it change anything on it?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Honestly I don't know. The screen was the same after and I didnt get a chance to mess with it

Justin

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I think according to what I was reading, it makes certain changes that only affect you if you have a paid subscription to uconnect. It adds some new apps that only apply to the paid subscription like WiFi hotspot and apparently there's an app for your phone that will control engine start and monitor problems and performance. I don't pay the monthly fee so none of it applies to me. There might be some subtle changes to appearance but nothing obvious enough that it stands out. Just like updates to your phone, it's probably internal and tries to fix glitches, etc.. My updated head unit still glitches occasionally. Kind of frustrating considering the amount of money it costed to get it back to "normal".
    Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    What was this update for?

Did it change anything on it?

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast