Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  69
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil change intervals after fully deleted

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Oil change intervals after fully deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I'm still not understanding how you're running the oil life indicator down that fast.

Even with what you're suggesting here, shouldn't be heavy enough usage to necessitate a 4x a year oil change.

Only thing I can say to that is if you're towing around max weight, which at that point I could see where your computer is calculating the oil life from.
    Sssshhhhh don't let the dot man hear. Infact coming up on my fifth oil change for this year. Even when I drive to work it's a 130 mile round trip through farm country, start to end. I have been slightly over loaded according to the "book rating" but it is what it is. I don't mind it. Long as it keeps pulling/running good.

2. Likes Power247, watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Sssshhhhh don't let the dot man hear. Infact coming up on my fifth oil change for this year. Even when I drive to work it's a 130 mile round trip through farm country, start to end. I have been slightly over loaded according to the "book rating" but it is what it is. I don't mind it. Long as it keeps pulling/running good.
    Ah ok, well that clarifies that significantly LOL.

4. Likes watersupply189, .44mag liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonKiller View Post
    Just wondering your oil change intervals after deleting??? And does anyone just stick with the required 15k intervals ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I can’t say I see much need to change what I been doin.... deleted or not.

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Oil change intervals after fully deleted

Sorry to bring this topic back? Ive been wondering the same thing I was taking mine in at around every 5-6k and the shop that did my work even gives the sticker that same 6k? But I follow my evic as well and the area that says last time it was changed is usually around 12k due to I let the evic get to the change oil screen, and the mechanic says I need to stop letting it get that high? He says don’t follow the evic but the miles and he says its pushing it at 6k? I use Schaffer’s synthetic blend, but I’ve been reading that you can go a year between oiled changes? I’m deleted as well and use a fass system, so does the fuel filter get the same intervals? Glad I’m finding this and hopefully saving some money!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gafool25 View Post
    Sorry to bring this topic back? Ive been wondering the same thing I was taking mine in at around every 5-6k and the shape that did my work even gives the sticker that same 6k? But I follow my evic as well and the area that says last time it was changed is usually around 12k due to I let the evic get to the change oil screen, and the mechanic says I need to stop letting it get that high? He says don’t follow the evic but the miles and he says its pushing it at 6k? I use Schaffer’s synthetic blend, but I’ve been reading that you can go a year between oiled changes? I’m deleted as well and use a fass system, so does the fuel filter get the same intervals? Glad I’m finding this and hopefully saving some money!

I change mine once a year or every 10,000 miles whichever comes first.

I run 15w40 Royal Purple full synthetic.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Thanks gafool25 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, Jaxonsram, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I change mine once a year or every 10,000 miles whichever comes first.

I run 15w40 Royal Purple full synthetic.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    So are you changing the fuel filter at the once every other oils change?

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gafool25 View Post
    So are you changing the fuel filter at the once every other oils change?

I change both fuel filters and air filter when I change the oil.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Am I missing something both fuel filters?
    I am running a 2012

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Some have a primary and secondary I have heard. My 2012 only has one stock fuel filter.

2012 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 auto deleted Mini Maxx studded on 35's

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I do my oil, fuel/water separator and air filter as per evic at 24k km and the secondary fuel filter on the engine every second service.

No problems so far at 100000km

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast