Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Four Codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Four Codes

I have the following four codes.

I noticed the airbag light was on when coming home today and pulled the following codes when I got home.

I have tried to reset 3 times and they keep coming back.

I did some research on internet and the horn works and I can use cruise for high idle.

I haven't gone back out to see if the cruise actually works.

I added Boost Auto Products dual function tow mirror wiring harness yesterday.

I tapped into the trailer park lights circuit for power so I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it.

I did check all the connectors that I had taken apart yesterday to install this and they are all reconnected.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Four Codes

Have you tried disconnecting what you hooked up to see if that is the issue? If not then check this out. It may help you find your problem.

https://Mopar1973man.com/cummins/art...l-switch-r235/

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks rconkin thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I did some more research last night and I'm pretty sure it is the clockspring. I've been noticing for a while that my EVIC has changed on it's own and couldn't figure out why. Also, to make a phone call, I've had to press the button a few times. I also remember hearing some "dings" Monday pulling my camper back from the campground and didn't notice any lights when I looked. It made the same "ding" a few times on the way home yesterday when the airbag light was on. I start nights tonight and am ordering a new clockspring, but, won't have a chance to change it until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Thanks for the reply.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I did disconnect the modules I installed, cleared codes and they came back. Changed clock spring and cruise control buttons and codes keep coming back. I returned truck to stock and reinstalled tune and codes haven't came back yet, but, airbag light still on. The recall had been done years ago for chaffing wires in steering column. I'm wondering now if I have a chaffed wire.

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Great news looks like the clock spring was causing the codes. Hopefully you will find a chaffed wire and that airbag light will go away.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I finally got everything straightened out and thought I would post this in case anyone else ran into this. I had done some research about airbag light on and no codes and found where some people had issues with connectors or wiring going to the airbags. I reached under the front seats and squeezed any yellow connector that I could find and the airbag finally went out. Seems that the four codes and airbag light were not related. My guess is that when I ran the seats back while working on installing the modules for the mirror lights it was just enough to loosen a connector. Just glad it's finally fixed and I can quit worrying about it.

10. Likes Power247 liked this post