Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tune questions

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tune questions

I recently had a tune downloaded from a local diesel shop. Everything took ok and drove about 300km before the dash lite up like a Christmas tree.

This is problem #1. I disconnected the batteries for 5-10 mins and that seems to have taken care of that. But now my air bag light is on. Problem #2. I have not done anything to see why yet.

One concern I have with the tune is when I am towing 8500lbs trailer my temps are higher than they were and do not hear the fan come on. Although I only ever heard it come on once.

I am finding little things every time I drive drive it that do not seem to be right.

The so call tune is self adjusting to how you drive. It recognizes when you tow. When you are a little happy and when you drive like grandpa.

I think it’s bogus but I needed a tune locally.

Any insight would be great or clarification.

I had a LS motor tinned and had none of these problems. I know different beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tune questions

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHOcummins View Post
    I recently had a tune downloaded from a local diesel shop. Everything took ok and drove about 300km before the dash lite up like a Christmas tree.

This is problem #1. I disconnected the batteries for 5-10 mins and that seems to have taken care of that. But now my air bag light is on. Problem #2. I have not done anything to see why yet.

One concern I have with the tune is when I am towing 8500lbs trailer my temps are higher than they were and do not hear the fan come on. Although I only ever heard it come on once.

I am finding little things every time I drive drive it that do not seem to be right.

The so call tune is self adjusting to how you drive. It recognizes when you tow. When you are a little happy and when you drive like grandpa.

I think it’s bogus but I needed a tune locally.

Any insight would be great or clarification.

I had a LS motor tinned and had none of these problems. I know different beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What tuning software did they use?

If your batteries are low, crazy explainable things happen.

Is only your coolant temp higher or is your trans temp higher as well?

If you have a 68RFE trans, did you perform a transmission relearn after the tune?

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

3. Likes cwendel liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok I think I got how to answer you now.

The tuning was done off a handheld tuner.
    Not sure what exactly. The batteries tested fine. First thing I went too. The trans seemed to be a bit hotter than normal towing. But hard to say cause it was hot out side. But coolent gage was definitely higher than normal towing normal.
    I drove through the mountains and it never moved a inch before. Flat ground leaning into it it would go up.
    I was told the trans was doing a relearn. I drove the truck 300 km just after the tune. Shifted ok. It does shift a little harder than I would like though

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornHOcummins View Post
    Ok I think I got how to answer you now.

The tuning was done off a handheld tuner.

Not sure what exactly. The batteries tested fine. First thing I went too. The trans seemed to be a bit hotter than normal towing. But hard to say cause it was hot out side. But coolent gage was definitely higher than normal towing normal.

I drove through the mountains and it never moved a inch before. Flat ground leaning into it it would go up.

I was told the trans was doing a relearn. I drove the truck 300 km just after the tune. Shifted ok. It does shift a little harder than I would like though
    My trans never got over 175 towing 10k in 80+ weather. I now have a deeper trans pan and the revmax thermal bypass and my trans stays below 160 towing. Relearning the trans you have to stay below 30% throttle for a minimum of 30 miles. You have to go through all the gears as much as possible. Stop and go driving through all the gears at light throttle, highway driving isn't good.

What HP tune are you running?

What other dash lights came on besides the airbag light?

Might not be a bad idea to take it back to the shop that loaded your tune.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com