Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Lift question for a 2015 Ram 3500 with rear air leveling

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lift question for a 2015 Ram 3500 with rear air leveling

Hey everyone, I have a 2015 Ram 3500 limited single rear wheel with an automatic rear air leveling option and with 3.42 gear ratios.

Currently the suspension is all stock.

I want to lift it, but not sacrifice any towing capabilities.

I was thinking of adding a 4” or 6” lift and having 35s or a leveling kit and 35s.

With a leveling kit it doesn’t quite add a noticeable lift.

My question is what is the best lift for a 3500 with the automatic rear air leveling option.

Is it possible to lift the rear with factory airbags?

Any input would be appreciated

2022 Ram 3500 Limited DRW - Stock

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lift question for a 2015 Ram 3500 with rear air leveling

just so you know, you do not need 4 or 6 inches to fit 35" tires. I have a truck like yours and I will be putting on Thuren's stuff on my truck.
    www.thurenfabrication.com. I will never put a leveling spacer on anything of mine.. solid axel or IFS. but that is my opinion.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes watersupply189, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    just so you know, you do not need 4 or 6 inches to fit 35" tires. I have a truck like yours and I will be putting on Thuren's stuff on my truck.
    www.thurenfabrication.com. I will never put a leveling spacer on anything of mine.. solid axel or IFS. but that is my opinion.
    Looking forward to your install, did you go with 4” or 6”? And do you also have rear air lift?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 15Limited View Post
    Hey everyone, I have a 2015 Ram 3500 limited single rear wheel with an automatic rear air leveling option and with 3.42 gear ratios.

Currently the suspension is all stock.

I want to lift it, but not sacrifice any towing capabilities.

I was thinking of adding a 4” or 6” lift and having 35s or a leveling kit and 35s.

With a leveling kit it doesn’t quite add a noticeable lift.

My question is what is the best lift for a 3500 with the automatic rear air leveling option.

Is it possible to lift the rear with factory airbags?

Any input would be appreciated
    I had nitto 285/65R20 exo graplers (34.8" tall x 11.5"wide) on my truck without a lift or leveling kit. Didn't rub at all

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I agree. A spacer is a waste of time and money unless you don’t care about the ride.

Thuren is my favorite.

Holler at me if you have any questions I’m more then happy to share some knowledge with ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Looking forward to your install, did you go with 4” or 6”? And do you also have rear air lift?
    Thuren doesn’t do a 4 or a 6 for 4th gens. I have a 3500 srw without air. I wasn’t impressed with the factory air and what it cost compared to using a aftermarket air bag and cradle system. I will be putting on bags down the road if I end up towing heavier. I will go with thuren’s 1.75 or 2.75 front coils. This all depends on what bumper I choose and the weight of that. If you haven’t go on thuren’s site and look up on his tabs up top under technical info. One of the best information on all generations of dodge/Ram.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Does anyone know who makes softer lifts BDS with Fox shocks or Thuren?

I decided I’ll go with either Thuren 2.25” lift or BDS 3” lift.

Both about the same price, BDS gives me slightly higher lift, but it comes down to ride quality, which one should I go with to get better ride quality?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Does anyone know who makes softer lifts BDS with Fox shocks or Thuren?

I decided I’ll go with either Thuren 2.25” lift or BDS 3” lift.

Both about the same price, BDS gives me slightly higher lift, but it comes down to ride quality, which one should I go with to get better ride quality?
    I have a BDS long arm lift with Fox shocks and my truck rides pretty damn good, actually better than my friends 2016 stock 2500, all he has is slightly larger bfg ko2.

The back is where you notice bumps, especially if its not loaded. even the tongue weight of my vantage (not much) is enough to take it out. But keep in mind with a 3500 srw if you do a lift, 99% are made for the 2500 and will fit, but it requires you taking the spring packs apart if you don't go with the rear spring option (or at least it did on my '04) so realize this will almost level the truck by the time you lift it I believe the difference in the rear was 1 and 7/8" higher with the factory overload springs installed.

They want you to remove the spacers and overload springs. my solution was adding them with longer bolts/u-bolts (custom made u-bolts) to keep my overload springs and weight capacity. However, the truck really rides awesome for a 1-ton with a decent lift. I hope this helps bud.

My only advice is that if you're like me (always throwing my kayak in the back, welding stuff and tools, coolers, bunker gear etc.) consider going with a 4" or lower if you want the look my only complaint is that I should've done 3-4".

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post