Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 07.5 600,000+

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

07.5 600,000+

i bought this 3500 dually not running, in nice condition, mainly used for camper delivery,. engine was well taken care of until a shop decided to ether it.it popped the head gasket and they let it sit for a year. water corroded the cylinders, .so i bored it +.020" and re-bearing it,arp studs now and installed new valves springs and seal. i was impressed by the bearing conditions nice condition- it did have a smarty tuner with it.I threw all the oil soaked block pads away and painted the block int. red.now i can see what goes where and can easily see any other issues. Next is the install of a new tank pump .fass looks good . i read about these tuners and programming tools . the one i am steering towards is the race me ultra..any feed back would be appreciated . not looking to add a lot of hp just wanting to keep the deleted garbage on this engine.DPF,egr,and whatever else ails it..

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 07.5 600,000+

@motosicky

Sounds like a good project truck

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @motosicky

Sounds like a good project truck
    X2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome @motosicky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Sir Moto!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

engine is bolted in took 1 hour total time!, i installed the head previously along with injectors and lines . you do have to lift the cab up about 4 inches to clear the back valve cover, pretty easy install ,just unbolt the front core support bolts ,and 4 cab bolts- place 1- 4 x4 under the cab near the front of the cab to chassis mounts ( 1 on each side) lower the truck down cautiously and place 2 -2x4s between the cab and frame..i have a lift so homeboys or girls may need a few floor jacks to accomplish this .make sure you pull the steering knuckle off the rack .no need to unhook anything other than just watch you dont yank a brake line apart.my rad ,cond,coolers are out. the back lifting ring wont help its too far back , i fabricated one and bolted it into the intake across from the common rail tube outer edge. this engine is a heck of a lot easier to change than i had thought . i do a lot of cats and larger cummins and komatsu even some F's and Chvy's. this is a piece of cake. dont let all the lines or wiring intimidate you . mark em or take a movie.... it saves a lot of time and back breaking labor to just bolt it all together out of the chassis .i machined the block and head in 1 day cleaned and assembled the next allow about 5 days to do the complete job. if youre gonna own a diesel expect to maintain it like a new baby. they are finicky,but will return the favor for a hard days work. ive got a p pumped 5.9 in my 96'- F 800 w 6 speed fuller.never let me down 575,000 miles ,smokes now and then but still will start and run fine.. CUMMINS BABY CUMMINS!

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

CORRECTION: not looking to add a lot of hp just wanting to keep the deleted garbage Off this engine.DPF,egr,and whatever else ails it