Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Getting ready for new brakes on a Gen 4, and would like some feedback

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Getting ready for new brakes on a Gen 4, and would like some feedback

Has anyone had great experience with a particular brake/rotor combination? I tow once a month or so and throughout the midwest, so no major mountain driving. I'll plan on some type of drilled/slotted and low dust option.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Getting ready for new brakes on a Gen 4, and would like some feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ylwiron View Post
    Has anyone had great experience with a particular brake/rotor combination? I tow once a month or so and throughout the midwest, so no major mountain driving. I'll plan on some type of drilled/slotted and low dust option.

Just curious but how many miles do you have on your truck? I have a 2016 3500 with around 65,000 and my brakes look practically new. I tow 12-14 thousand pounds every other month so I’ve never had to replace my brakes yet but on my 2nd gen I used a ceramic type pad to cut down on the dust and for longevity. Slotted rotors are expensive and to me a waste of money. I used a ceramic type coated rotor and never had any warping issues with it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ylwiron View Post

I’m sure there are better options but I like OEM brake pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Check out Hawk Brake Pads and send Clayton of DDP a PM and ask him for help

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

35k on the clock. Fronts look good, backs are about 50% worn, and I hate the dust on both. I never turn rotors anymore, replace with a quality aftermarket, and I've never done a 3rd set... either for need or still owning the vehicles.

Just planning out the fall work now. I'll do brakes, air bags, and ceramic coat the wheels before winter rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Just curious but how many miles do you have on your truck? I have a 2016 3500 with around 65,000 and my brakes look practically new. I tow 12-14 thousand pounds every other month so I’ve never had to replace my brakes yet but on my 2nd gen I used a ceramic type pad to cut down on the dust and for longevity. Slotted rotors are expensive and to me a waste of money. I used a ceramic type coated rotor and never had any warping issues with it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post