Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: another 47re converter locking up in drive and reverse sometimes ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

another 47re converter locking up in drive and reverse sometimes ?

ok i have did alot of reading about this problem.. and not sure whats up. its a 96 ram 2500 all stock, no mods. most of the time the tranny works great shifting od ect... then out of the blue it will want to die coming to a stop, i give it a little throttle then it is fine,,,,may not have any issues for awhile. sometimes at startup it will die when put into drive or rev, again i ride the brake to keep it from dying then its fine again...is there a way to tell if its the converter going bad? here what i have tried, when its acting up going to drive and reverse, i have pulled the trans relay and it will still do it... any advice would be great thanks.

2. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: another 47re converter locking up in drive and reverse sometimes ?

i put a master solenoid service kit in, no help. but now when you put it rev it will slowly lock up until it dies,,,,as if it was a manual with a clutch, that you put in gear and slowly let it out until the engine dies...but like before if i two foot it, and get it going it runs and shifts good even into od.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flathead31Coupe View Post
    ok i have did alot of reading about this problem.. and not sure whats up. its a 96 ram 2500 all stock, no mods. most of the time the tranny works great shifting od ect... then out of the blue it will want to die coming to a stop, i give it a little throttle then it is fine,,,,may not have any issues for awhile. sometimes at startup it will die when put into drive or rev, again i ride the brake to keep it from dying then its fine again...is there a way to tell if its the converter going bad? here what i have tried, when its acting up going to drive and reverse, i have pulled the trans relay and it will still do it... any advice would be great thanks.
    Id replace the governor presssure solenoid and transducer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

i did, along with the whole solenoid service kit.....

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post