Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck is cutting out

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Truck is cutting out

Ok so I got my tuner installed last week and it is awesome!! Used Edge juice with attitude. But there is a little hitch in the giddy up now. Ok so here is the 411. I got the tuner installed and I then took it on a test drive to see how it felt and what not. I took it through the different power levels playing with it on 1-3. I don't have a built trans so I stayed away from 4 and 5. So I was playing around and the truck seemed to start missing about 2k rpm. Is there any reason for this?? I'm thinking the raptor can't keep up with the pump demand above 2k. If I ease into the throttle it isn't as bad but if I punch it like to pass someone then it starts to miss and sound like it is going to explode. I don't need to scatter my engine LOL. My egt's for the first time though hit 1k this weekend so I backed off and brought it all back down. Driving on the first 3 levels at 70mph egt is about 700, when trying to pass they will jump to 900-1k. Any help would be appreciated! I'm new to the diesel world and I'm thinking its a fuel problem, but maybe its a boost problem??

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What's fuel pressure?
    Which fuse are you tapping into to power the edge?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well dunno my fuel psi I don't have a gauge. They didn't send the sensor for the edge. I bought it used. I'm trying to get the cash to get the fuel psi sensor. I have 2 fuses tapped. I have #9 in the cab. and the Spare under the hood.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

the EGT's are a bit high, but not that bad.

Check all your connectors where the edge is plugged in

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

did you tap the pump?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

U need to check fuel pressure ASAP

7. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm working on getting the psi sensor. Just have to find one. I did tap the pump wire. I'll have to double check the tap to be sure its getting a good connection. it could have come loose or something god knows LOL. As for the egts on my way to work today they were hanging around 500 cruising at 65 but it was 68 degrees out lot cooler than this weekend.

Anybody know where I can find the psi sensor for the edge? I'm gonna call them and see how much for everything I need LOL. I also started thinking I haven't changed the fuel filter since I got the truck. I was told that I should look at changing the fuel filter every 10k miles. Does that sound about right?

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

contact tyler@truckwurx.com

Polaraco sent you

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'll give him a shout! Thanks!

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigtman07 View Post
    Well dunno my fuel psi I don't have a gauge. They didn't send the sensor for the edge. I bought it used. I'm trying to get the cash to get the fuel psi sensor. I have 2 fuses tapped. I have #9 in the cab. and the Spare under the hood.
    Try switching to fuse #7, and get a fuel pressure gauge ASAP!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast