Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: P0868

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P0868

Hello all. I have a 2018 Laramie 3500 and past two times towing heavy I have had a P0868 code come up. I took it to the dealership and they wanted to keep it for over a week. I can't be without the truck that long. So I had them check the fluid and it was barely in the lower safe line. I told them to top it off and if it comes back I'll have them hook it up and diagnose it. The truck was purchased brand new with 19 miles. I have a little over 21000 now. Never beat on it. I want to delete with Ray from DRD tunes but am sceptical about the dealer warranty BS. Any one think that code is a fluke? Just looking for advice. Had diesel my whole life. This is the first Cummins powered rig and my first automatic. Is the 68RFE decent after the 12 years it's been around. Can't afford to bite the bullet on a built rev Max yet.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

P0868

Quote Originally Posted by Baker 42 View Post
    Hello all. I have a 2018 Laramie 3500 and past two times towing heavy I have had a P0868 code come up. I took it to the dealership and they wanted to keep it for over a week. I can't be without the truck that long. So I had them check the fluid and it was barely in the lower safe line. I told them to top it off and if it comes back I'll have them hook it up and diagnose it. The truck was purchased brand new with 19 miles. I have a little over 21000 now. Never beat on it. I want to delete with Ray from DRD tunes but am sceptical about the dealer warranty BS. Any one think that code is a fluke? Just looking for advice. Had diesel my whole life. This is the first Cummins powered rig and my first automatic. Is the 68RFE decent after the 12 years it's been around. Can't afford to bite the bullet on a built rev Max yet.
    Did trans act like it was slipping? Could just be a faulty sensor. Has it done it since they topped the fluid off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, Baker 42, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: P0868

Hasn't done it since and when it did there was no loss of power. If it wasn't for the check engine light, I'd have never knew anything was a miss.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I haven't pulled heavy since they topped it off either.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

From what I’ve learned. Improper fluid levels definitely cause problems. Hopefully that’s all it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ram 3500. Full delete. H&S mini maxx. NextGen valvebody. Fuel Maverick wheels, Toyo MT tires. 35/12.5/20. Amp power steps.

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Find an excuse to tow something heavy now that it’s topped off and see if it does it again. As for Tuning that 100% depends on the dealership/service writer. From what I have seen most dealers are not mod/tuner friendly. There have been a handful of success stories I have seen as well. Someone just had their trans replaced at 7x,xxx miles and has been tuned a while.

When the time comes you will want DRD tunes like you said. Keep us posted!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah I want the scr and DPF to fall off. Just for the reason of urea useage towing. It drinks a lot. Getting tired of filling up the urea tank.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post