Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4th Gen TIPM fuel calibrations

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

4th Gen TIPM fuel calibrations

Please provide your TIPM calibrations. Need to have a scan tool that will read the TIPM.

When I took my 2012 RAM 6.7, auto with 34 gal tank to the dealer for an update (dont ever go to dealer) my once accurate EVIC is now off between 1-2 mpg.

They want $100 to look at it. I've done some research and looks like I can buy Alpha OBD app on google play and Bluetooth adapter to access and change TIPM settings which I suspect were changed by dealer flash.

Please only post if you have an accurate EVIC to avoid confusion.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen TIPM fuel calibrations

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger6.7 View Post
    Please provide your TIPM calibrations. Need to have a scan tool that will read the TIPM.

When I took my 2012 RAM 6.7, auto with 34 gal tank to the dealer for an update (dont ever go to dealer) my once accurate EVIC is now off between 1-2 mpg.

They want $100 to look at it. I've done some research and looks like I can buy Alpha OBD app on google play and Bluetooth adapter to access and change TIPM settings which I suspect were changed by dealer flash.

Please only post if you have an accurate EVIC to avoid confusion.

MM3 units will tell EVIC to adjust for tire size.

Both speed and MPG will react accordingly on your EVIC.

I am not aware of a way without a dealer visit (which is a bummer).

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen TIPM fuel calibrations

Been racking my brain over it. Was accurate till dealer visit/flash changed something. There is a new APP on Google play that will allow user to view and change TIPM settings. Yes, I said APP. Alpha OBD. For $50 and the purchase of a bluetooth adapter its worth a shot to confirm tank settings. Would be helpful for larger tank size swaps.