Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weak battery

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Weak battery

Before you take them in, fully trickle charge them to max capacity and then try it. Check rating and if it holds a good charge for long or not.
    Some people don't drive the vehicle enough to fully charge them.
    And have them check when you are looking into buying new batteries. If they are still good, that's a pile of change wasted.
    Are you throwing any codes ?

And it took me years to figure this out, but when I buy new batteries, I trickle charge them to max, then install.
    Put on sealant to the connections when 1st installed, even Vaseline works.
    When leaving the vehicle sit for two weeks or longer, put a trickle charger on them. I charge mine if it sits a week.
    Heck, I get minimum of 10 years out of them doing it this way.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Before you take them in, fully trickle charge them to max capacity and then try it. Check rating and if it holds a good charge for long or not.
    Some people don't drive the vehicle enough to fully charge them.
    And have them check when you are looking into buying new batteries. If they are still good, that's a pile of change wasted.
    Are you throwing any codes ?

And it took me years to figure this out, but when I buy new batteries, I trickle charge them to max, then install.
    Put on sealant to the connections when 1st installed, even Vaseline works.
    When leaving the vehicle sit for two weeks or longer, put a trickle charger on them. I charge mine if it sits a week.
    Heck, I get minimum of 10 years out of them doing it this way.
    Whats the affect of weak bbattery do you know?

2016,ram 2500,black,egr delete,DPF delete, throttle body delete, 4 inch flo pro turbo back exhaust,mm3 tuner,33x11.5 tires,6000k hid head lights.

4. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thesootchucker View Post
    Whats the affect of weak bbattery do you know?

2016,ram 2500,black,egr delete,DPF delete, throttle body delete, 4 inch flo pro turbo back exhaust,mm3 tuner,33x11.5 tires,6000k hid head lights.
    Better question is what doesn’t it affect honestly. It will cause loss of electronics- low voltage to fuel units, injectors, accessories. If your truck is not running right first thing to check is voltage and amps independently.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks thesootchucker, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Better question is what doesn’t it affect honestly. It will cause loss of electronics- low voltage to fuel units, injectors, accessories. If your truck is not running right first thing to check is voltage and amps independently.

X2 on this.

Even on my older truck, just not as hard.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I’m no expert but the MM3 needs good charged batteries to operate correctly. That could possibly be the reason on the issues your experiencing. Not 100% positive though.
    I would replace both batteries and go from there.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    Yup. MM3 is a pain in the tookus with low voltage. That's why I just installed a 60 watt solar charger. i get the bats up to 13V. Can't wait for the gtid heaters to start again.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12