Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: On-Board Monitor Issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

On-Board Monitor Issues

Hello everyone,

I have a 2007.5 3500 dully. 5" stainless exhaust, 95 hp injectors, Mini Max Tuner.

All the emission stuff was deleted before I bought the truck back in 2016.

I replaced the engine last year and the truck runs great, lots of power.

My issue I have is the on board monitor keeps telling me I need service, see dealer Now.

I show no codes at all, I am pretty sure it's because of the missing emission stuff, is there anyway I can get this deactivated or have the PCM re-programmed.

It's is driving me crazy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: On-Board Monitor Issues

My truck had a similar code for a CCV filter replacement at 67,500 miles.

Dodge Cummins 6.7L
    This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you have the Mini Maxx?

Is it installed with emissions deleted tune?

Pull your codes and post.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger6.7 View Post
    Do you have the Mini Maxx?

Is it installed with emissions deleted tune?

Pull your codes and post.
    Yes, it’s installed with emissions deleted, and the thing that puzzles me, I have no codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    My truck had a similar code for a CCV filter replacement at 67,500 miles.

Dodge Cummins 6.7L
    This bulletin is to aid you on resetting the Perform Service indicator you will find on a Dodge 6.7L with the EVIC displaying this message.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR- RESET the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure: 1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine). 2. Press and release the brake pedal two times. 3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds. 4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position. NOTE: if the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.
    I will give this a try, my only issue is, i get this while driving. It chirps then says perform service, then see Dealer now.

On a brighter side, I’m getting 19.5 mpg. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Dont go to the dealer, they will screw your tune up.

Did you try returning to stock, then retune with Mini Maxx?