Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  246
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

So it begins!

So I'm a new Cummins owner as of last week, and knowing myself (weak impulsive man with zero self control to performance parts, guns, or fishing) one of these threads will likely help myself realize my problem. A form of group therapy. Haha.

I purchased my 2011 2500 Laramie Longhorn about a week ago now, well I finally finished up my shopping list about thirty minutes ago after I got my refund back from Diesel Performance of Texas (who will not sell you any delete parts unless you buy their tuners and "tunes", well, apparently won't sell you any parts actually)

Soooo, here's my list of what's coming today and Friday.

Today/tonight's project;
    MM3 from DRD w/EGT probe and a pillar mount (because I'm a perfectionist and refused to use anyone else's tunes)
    Sinister EGR delete
    5" turbo back exhaust purchased from thoroughbred diesel (who was awesome to deal with since I called eleven different places who refused to sell a turbo back without their tunes)

I'll likely be turning wrenches all night to get this knocked out as it's going to be a busy week at work and I'm going on a birthday trip with my better half this weekend to St Augustine.

Friday's arrival!
    Sinister air intake
    Banks intake horn 3.5"
    Banks grid heater delete

These will be next week's project at some point.

Pretty much every penny I got from selling a hopped up 2001 Denali I had literally just got pouring into my new truck within a week. So basically, I'm as giddy as a school girl who just got asked to prom by her crush. But in this case I'm a 225lb hairy guy, and my crush is my truck. (don't tell my girlfriend)

I plan on taking ALL the pictures along the way since I've always forgotten to take pictures of any of my builds and hope everything pans out pretty good for me. I've never actually had a vehicle be cooperative anytime I've ever done anything to it, so we're just gonna see how this goes!

Future plans will be a leveling kit and 35s, just wanted to get this deleted as soon as possible since snowflakes believe deleted diesel trucks are melting their snowflakes.

Wish me luck! I'll start adding pics tomorrow once all my parts come in and I get a clear bay at work.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome and enjoy the process!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    So I'm a new Cummins owner as of last week, and knowing myself (weak impulsive man with zero self control to performance parts, guns, or fishing) one of these threads will likely help myself realize my problem. A form of group therapy. Haha.

I purchased my 2011 2500 Laramie Longhorn about a week ago now, well I finally finished up my shopping list about thirty minutes ago after I got my refund back from Diesel Performance of Texas (who will not sell you any delete parts unless you buy their tuners and "tunes", well, apparently won't sell you any parts actually)

Today/tonight's project;
    MM3 from DRD w/EGT probe and a pillar mount (because I'm a perfectionist and refused to use anyone else's tunes)
    Sinister EGR delete
    5" turbo back exhaust purchased from thoroughbred diesel (who was awesome to deal with since I called eleven different places who refused to sell a turbo back without their tunes)

I'll likely be turning wrenches all night to get this knocked out as it's going to be a busy week at work and I'm going on a birthday trip with my better half this weekend to St Augustine.

Friday's arrival!
    Sinister air intake
    Banks intake horn 3.5"
    Banks grid heater delete

Pretty much every penny I got from selling a hopped up 2001 Denali I had literally just got pouring into my new truck within a week. So basically, I'm as giddy as a school girl who just got asked to prom by her crush. But in this case I'm a 225lb hairy guy, and my crush is my truck. (don't tell my girlfriend)

I plan on taking ALL the pictures along the way since I've always forgotten to take pictures of any of my builds and hope everything pans out pretty good for me. I've never actually had a vehicle be cooperative anytime I've ever done anything to it, so we're just gonna see how this goes!

Future plans will be a leveling kit and 35s, just wanted to get this deleted as soon as possible since snowflakes believe deleted diesel trucks are melting their snowflakes.

Wish me luck! I'll start adding pics tomorrow once all my parts come in and I get a clear bay at work.

Welcome!

Glad to have ya here.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome! Looking forward to your photos.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Today/tonight's project;
    Sinister EGR delete

Friday's arrival!
    Sinister air intake
    Banks intake horn 3.5"
    Banks grid heater delete

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Welcome!

Glad to have ya here.
    You and the Dude ought to be best of friends!

Welcome

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So, the EGR "upgrade" was the easiest part of tonight, by far. Took me about two hours altogether to get that knocked out.... The following six and a half hours of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with my downpipe however was the bane of my very existence. Ended up having to cut close to a foot off the downpipe even after dropping the trans mount and the plate behind that and take off about two inches of the rod that goes in the transmission downpipe mount. Then, of course, I needed that foot, so I ended up using a band clamp from farther down the exhaust to throw it back on there since I didn't want to fire the welder up being so tired. So yup, there's exhaust leaks, sound meh until I can have more time to take care of it. I'm just happy to be laying in my bed right this minute to be honest. I'm bloodied and whooped for tonight, definitely an extra set of hands would've come in handy, but I got it in there. That mm3 lighting up brought me some joy on the ride home though.

I stopped any kind of picture taking once I started on the exhaust. LOL. So any kind of startup or pictures of that will have to wait until I can get it right. Can't look like too much of a goober, even though I forgot to unplug that throttle butterfly deal and thought my truck was in limp mode for about a quarter mile on my way home as it was opening and closing like crazy. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

So, the EGR "upgrade" was the easiest part of tonight, by far. Took me about two hours altogether to get that knocked out.... The following six and a half hours of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with my downpipe however was the bane of my very existence. Ended up having to cut close to a foot off the downpipe even after dropping the trans mount and the plate behind that and take off about two inches of the rod that goes in the transmission downpipe mount. Then, of course, I needed that foot, so I ended up using a band clamp from farther down the exhaust to throw it back on there since I didn't want to fire the welder up being so tired. So yup, there's exhaust leaks, sound meh until I can have more time to take care of it. I'm just happy to be laying in my bed right this minute to be honest. I'm bloodied and whooped for tonight, definitely an extra set of hands would've come in handy, but I got it in there. That mm3 lighting up brought me some joy on the ride home though.

I stopped any kind of picture taking once I started on the exhaust. LOL. So any kind of startup or pictures of that will have to wait until I can get it right. Can't look like too much of a goober, even though I forgot to unplug that throttle butterfly deal and thought my truck was in limp mode for about a quarter mile on my way home as it was opening and closing like crazy. LOL. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...baf7a95007.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...090a43aa60.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0bac5a5a08.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...18e84f0b18.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...95ca3dc632.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b730379395.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...348cb81eb8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42e928060a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bd7ea820d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You're truck says thank you!

This is like every mod I go to do with my truck. Full on intentions of epic write up and photos then I stand back when I’m done and realize I have a before and after pic haha- keep us posted with your upgrades!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast