Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    So, the EGR "upgrade" was the easiest part of tonight, by far. Took me about two hours altogether to get that knocked out.... The following six and a half hours of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with my downpipe however was the bane of my very existence. Ended up having to cut close to a foot off the downpipe even after dropping the trans mount and the plate behind that and take off about two inches of the rod that goes in the transmission downpipe mount. Then, of course, I needed that foot, so I ended up using a band clamp from farther down the exhaust to throw it back on there since I didn't want to fire the welder up being so tired. So yup, there's exhaust leaks, sound meh until I can have more time to take care of it. I'm just happy to be laying in my bed right this minute to be honest. I'm bloodied and whooped for tonight, definitely an extra set of hands would've come in handy, but I got it in there. That mm3 lighting up brought me some joy on the ride home though.

I stopped any kind of picture taking once I started on the exhaust. LOL. So any kind of startup or pictures of that will have to wait until I can get it right. Can't look like too much of a goober, even though I forgot to unplug that throttle butterfly deal and thought my truck was in limp mode for about a quarter mile on my way home as it was opening and closing like crazy. LOL. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...baf7a95007.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...090a43aa60.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0bac5a5a08.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...18e84f0b18.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...95ca3dc632.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b730379395.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...348cb81eb8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...42e928060a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bd7ea820d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You're truck says thank you!

This is like every mod I go to do with my truck. Full on intentions of epic write up and photos then I stand back when I’m done and realize I have a before and after pic haha- keep us posted with your upgrades!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Here's a little video update.

Found some issues today and got them fixed. My squeal was actually coming from the bolt I point out, if you buy that intake, go on and sauté that joker in some loctite or other goodies to keep it from backing out. Because it will back out, over and over again.

I ordered a 2.5" leveling kit and some pocket style fender flares last night after I got my kids to sleep. Hopefully that will light a small fire under my rear end to get some 35s and new wheels on it in the near future. Hardly takes any throttle at all to lighten that tail end on wet asphalt, even when I don't want it too. Made for an interesting time trying to merge into traffic after I got my kids from their mom yesterday. They loved it, I however did not.

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

20190904_134300.jpg

Little pocket style fender flare tease!

My leveling kit comes in tomorrow and I'm going to throw them on at the same time! Pretty stoked about it. ?

5. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

IMG_20190915_133548_109.jpg

Finally decided to not be lazy this weekend and went ahead and threw my grid heater delete on. No seat of the pants change since I got a massive butt Dyno upgrade after the intake horn plus everything else. Overall I'm more relieved I got the box out of my truck than I am anything. Don't have to worry about my kids trucking to throw stuff into the box while I'm driving down the road. Haha.

Without the EGR stuff to worry about it's a two or so hour job. Ended up taking a grinder to one of my flare wrenches to get that danged sixth injector line, but everything went off without a hitch. Fit and finish seem too notch, and I'm ready to order my ARP 625+'s and start throwing the good stuff on next year. Haha. We'll see what my better half lets me get away with, I think if I can bag a few deer during hunting season I might get a little leeway.
    @Custom Offsets got my wheels in today too, said they should be shipping out in one to two business days. So I hope to have them by next weekend to have them on the truck. Been a hot minute since I was this excited over wheels and tires.

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Got the tires and wheels today! Little mistakes here and there from Custom Offsets, but hoping they'll make it right. I ordered the balancing beads, none of the tires have them. Two wheels had stick on weights that fell off en route to Florida, other two just didn't have anything on or in them. So I have that unbalanced wobble, hoping to order some dynabeads soon so I don't have to struggle bus around with a wobble happy truck on brand new tires. My fancy pants spiked caps didn't come in either so I just robbed the factory ones off my other wheels for the time being.

All in all, I'm super happy with the look of them, once they're balanced I'll be a real happy camper. That +6 offset tucks them perfectly under the fender flares imo.

20190918_150814.jpg
    20190918_150853.jpg
    20190918_150903.jpg
    20190918_150939.jpg

8. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Got the tires and wheels today! Little mistakes here and there from Custom Offsets, but hoping they'll make it right. I ordered the balancing beads, none of the tires have them. Two wheels had stick on weights that fell off en route to Florida, other two just didn't have anything on or in them. So I have that unbalanced wobble, hoping to order some dynabeads soon so I don't have to struggle bus around with a wobble happy truck on brand new tires. My fancy pants spiked caps didn't come in either so I just robbed the factory ones off my other wheels for the time being.

All in all, I'm super happy with the look of them, once they're balanced I'll be a real happy camper. That +6 offset tucks them perfectly under the fender flares imo.

20190918_150814.jpg
    20190918_150853.jpg
    20190918_150903.jpg
    20190918_150939.jpg
    Nice combo there! I like that look!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

20190918_150814.jpg
    20190918_150853.jpg
    20190918_150903.jpg
    20190918_150939.jpg
    Looks sharp!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

20190918_150814.jpg
    20190918_150853.jpg
    20190918_150903.jpg
    20190918_150939.jpg
    Good looking combo!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Final fiasco update:

Had my truck towed up to the local dealership to get inspected yesterday, guy who was taking pictures actually works for a company that Bosch owns. So he's not actually affiliated with FCA whatsoever. Super nice older gentleman who I wound up taking most of the pictures because I didn't want him hurting himself trying to balance to see under the hood or crawling under the truck.

I handed him an invoice that covered my time, hardship, cost of rental, an Uber to pickup my rental, and cost of parts associated to fix my truck. He seemed pretty stoked on how I typed it up, official doesn't even do it justice. Looks like something the federal government would send you when you owe them money. Haha.

It's the waiting game to hear from Ram now, so that's done and over with.

Geico, those bunch of fun folks.... Called, got my claim going, got a call from the adjuster after I got my truck to the shop. Was basically told they'd cover everything, but the alternator. I said "my policy covers manufacturer defects, correct?" And was hit with a, "yes sir, sure does". To which I began having a single sided conversation of explaining that a normal alternator when it goes bad does not turn into a flame spewing turbocharger of death. Dude didn't care, cost me $280 in parts to get my truck rolling again. Thankfully, and magically both batteries charged up over the course of three days on a trickle and are holding charge.

Just in time to throw my new Main Event emblems on! Hopefully Ram will hit a brother up with monies, because that would cover my second gen swap and head studs! If not, I'm not too worried. Just happy to have my truck back and no issues beyond some melted insulation and a portion of the under hood pad being toast. All is well now!20191029_104801.jpg

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Power247, cwendel liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Final fiasco update:

Had my truck towed up to the local dealership to get inspected yesterday, guy who was taking pictures actually works for a company that Bosch owns. So he's not actually affiliated with FCA whatsoever. Super nice older gentleman who I wound up taking most of the pictures because I didn't want him hurting himself trying to balance to see under the hood or crawling under the truck.

I handed him an invoice that covered my time, hardship, cost of rental, an Uber to pickup my rental, and cost of parts associated to fix my truck. He seemed pretty stoked on how I typed it up, official doesn't even do it justice. Looks like something the federal government would send you when you owe them money. Haha.

It's the waiting game to hear from Ram now, so that's done and over with.

Geico, those bunch of fun folks.... Called, got my claim going, got a call from the adjuster after I got my truck to the shop. Was basically told they'd cover everything, but the alternator. I said "my policy covers manufacturer defects, correct?" And was hit with a, "yes sir, sure does". To which I began having a single sided conversation of explaining that a normal alternator when it goes bad does not turn into a flame spewing turbocharger of death. Dude didn't care, cost me $280 in parts to get my truck rolling again. Thankfully, and magically both batteries charged up over the course of three days on a trickle and are holding charge.

Just in time to throw my new Main Event emblems on! Hopefully Ram will hit a brother up with monies, because that would cover my second gen swap and head studs! If not, I'm not too worried. Just happy to have my truck back and no issues beyond some melted insulation and a portion of the under hood pad being toast. All is well now!20191029_104801.jpg
    Glad you got your truck back on the road again. Like that emblem you have on the front!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

17. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast