Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  246
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

Pleased to hear you are back on the road again.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Likes Lifehiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Epic! Hopefully they get you handled with the out of pocket you’ve had

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    Final fiasco update:

Had my truck towed up to the local dealership to get inspected yesterday, guy who was taking pictures actually works for a company that Bosch owns. So he's not actually affiliated with FCA whatsoever. Super nice older gentleman who I wound up taking most of the pictures because I didn't want him hurting himself trying to balance to see under the hood or crawling under the truck.

I handed him an invoice that covered my time, hardship, cost of rental, an Uber to pickup my rental, and cost of parts associated to fix my truck. He seemed pretty stoked on how I typed it up, official doesn't even do it justice. Looks like something the federal government would send you when you owe them money. Haha.

It's the waiting game to hear from Ram now, so that's done and over with.

Geico, those bunch of fun folks.... Called, got my claim going, got a call from the adjuster after I got my truck to the shop. Was basically told they'd cover everything, but the alternator. I said "my policy covers manufacturer defects, correct?" And was hit with a, "yes sir, sure does". To which I began having a single sided conversation of explaining that a normal alternator when it goes bad does not turn into a flame spewing turbocharger of death. Dude didn't care, cost me $280 in parts to get my truck rolling again. Thankfully, and magically both batteries charged up over the course of three days on a trickle and are holding charge.

Just in time to throw my new Main Event emblems on! Hopefully Ram will hit a brother up with monies, because that would cover my second gen swap and head studs! If not, I'm not too worried. Just happy to have my truck back and no issues beyond some melted insulation and a portion of the under hood pad being toast. All is well now!Attachment 9410
    Glad you got your truck back on the road again. Like that emblem you have on the front!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

Final fiasco update:

Had my truck towed up to the local dealership to get inspected yesterday, guy who was taking pictures actually works for a company that Bosch owns. So he's not actually affiliated with FCA whatsoever. Super nice older gentleman who I wound up taking most of the pictures because I didn't want him hurting himself trying to balance to see under the hood or crawling under the truck.

I handed him an invoice that covered my time, hardship, cost of rental, an Uber to pickup my rental, and cost of parts associated to fix my truck. He seemed pretty stoked on how I typed it up, official doesn't even do it justice. Looks like something the federal government would send you when you owe them money. Haha.

It's the waiting game to hear from Ram now, so that's done and over with.

Geico, those bunch of fun folks.... Called, got my claim going, got a call from the adjuster after I got my truck to the shop. Was basically told they'd cover everything, but the alternator. I said "my policy covers manufacturer defects, correct?" And was hit with a, "yes sir, sure does". To which I began having a single sided conversation of explaining that a normal alternator when it goes bad does not turn into a flame spewing turbocharger of death. Dude didn't care, cost me $280 in parts to get my truck rolling again. Thankfully, and magically both batteries charged up over the course of three days on a trickle and are holding charge.

Just in time to throw my new Main Event emblems on! Hopefully Ram will hit a brother up with monies, because that would cover my second gen swap and head studs! If not, I'm not too worried. Just happy to have my truck back and no issues beyond some melted insulation and a portion of the under hood pad being toast. All is well now!Attachment 9410
    Happy to hear you're back on the road.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

Well, hopefully no one has an alternator issue in the future.

Turns out, when your alternator does catch fire, it didn't. LOL.

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

Well, hopefully no one has an alternator issue in the future.

Turns out, when your alternator does catch fire, it didn't. LOL.
    Well of course!

Did you expect them to take responsibility for their defect?

This does suck but I’m glad you got your truck back on the road friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

12. Thanks Lifehiker thanked for this post
    Likes Lifehiker, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

Dang, not surprised but disappointed.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

X2

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Make sure to file a complaint with the NHTSA. In the complaint state the insurance company repaired the fire damage but refused to repair the failed alternator.

When there are enough complaints, the feds initiate the investigation which leads to the recalls.

FCA just stepped into a possible recall expansion if enough complaints for your model year exist.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

WOW!!!

This was great reading.

I was sitting on edge of seat hole time waiting for next up grade and what you were going to do next.

Then your truck catches fire!!

Then all the problems with FCA on waiting for adjuster to show up,waiting to here on what they were going to do, what a journey.

Good for you on getting your truck fixed and back up and running.

Great looking truck.

20. Thanks Lifehiker, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Lifehiker, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast