Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  246
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

Because my truck is as strange as I am, my codes are gone. Hahaha. I guess it just had to run a while with the new intake?

Definitely an annoying leak, my truck currently sounds like an emergency siren, so I think I might've torn the boot or something came loose. We'll see tomorrow and I'll update everyone with pictures!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Because my truck is as strange as I am, my codes are gone. Hahaha. I guess it just had to run a while with the new intake?

Definitely an annoying leak, my truck currently sounds like an emergency siren, so I think I might've torn the boot or something came loose. We'll see tomorrow and I'll update everyone with pictures!

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Did the rear block off plate come with a pipe plug pre installed? Mine apparently wasn't tightened and blew out, causing a lot of noise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

20190829_075607.jpg

Here's the intake in all its squeaky glory, I couldn't find any holes in the boot and it's all tight. Gasket seems solid and firmly planted, so I'm at a momentary loss getting geared up for this hurricane for work. So it'll have to wait for me to really start tracking it down. Either way, runs great, averaging right at 18.3 since running a full tank through it since deleting everything. Definitely beats the 13.6 I was getting. So I'm happy, even if I do sound like I have an emergency siren under my hood. LOL

7. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Did the rear block off plate come with a pipe plug pre installed? Mine apparently wasn't tightened and blew out, causing a lot of noise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    For the intake?

I had to put all the plugs in.

As far as the EGR block off I have an EGT sensor in there, no leaks from that. It's something around that intake that I'm just not catching. Unless it's sucking so much air I'm cavitating boots and causing a gap somewhere which wouldn't make any sense to me.

All of them seem nice and rubbery still so I wouldn't suspect any dry rot.

I wouldn't think it'd cause a whistle going over the grid heater since I haven't deleted it yet, I wouldn't think?

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Here's a little video update.

Found some issues today and got them fixed. My squeal was actually coming from the bolt I point out, if you buy that intake, go on and sauté that joker in some loctite or other goodies to keep it from backing out. Because it will back out, over and over again.

I ordered a 2.5" leveling kit and some pocket style fender flares last night after I got my kids to sleep. Hopefully that will light a small fire under my rear end to get some 35s and new wheels on it in the near future. Hardly takes any throttle at all to lighten that tail end on wet asphalt, even when I don't want it too. Made for an interesting time trying to merge into traffic after I got my kids from their mom yesterday. They loved it, I however did not.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

20190904_134300.jpg

Little pocket style fender flare tease!

My leveling kit comes in tomorrow and I'm going to throw them on at the same time! Pretty stoked about it. ?

13. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

20190905_082555.jpg

Easy enough!

20190905_091800.jpg

And.... Done!

Literally took about an hour, they're cheap K2 eBay brand. But I tell you what, every hole lined up and they're as thick as any bushwacker flare I ever owned. For $89 I'll take it happily. If they fade, I'll just pull them and paint match, but until then, I'm rocking them. Haha.

Just got my leveling kit now, UPS and my lunch schedule line up perfectly. So I'll try and have that thrown on by the end of the day, but if not, it'll have to wait til next week since I'll have my kids. Successful boring day at work today though!

15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    20190905_082555.jpg

Easy enough!

20190905_091800.jpg

And.... Done!

Literally took about an hour, they're cheap K2 eBay brand. But I tell you what, every hole lined up and they're as thick as any bushwacker flare I ever owned. For $89 I'll take it happily. If they fade, I'll just pull them and paint match, but until then, I'm rocking them. Haha.

Just got my leveling kit now, UPS and my lunch schedule line up perfectly. So I'll try and have that thrown on by the end of the day, but if not, it'll have to wait til next week since I'll have my kids. Successful boring day at work today though!
    Makes your truck look totally awesome!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Likes Jman, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Welcome friend and welcome to cummins ownership, this is just the beginning, I look forward to your next projects!

2011 mega cab sleeper nuff said
    If you can’t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

18. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast