Thanks Thanks:  79
Likes Likes:  246
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: So it begins!

I have a bothersome question for everyone if y'all can help;

So since installing everything I was monitoring boost pressure last night heading home and this morning heading back into work and I noticed at max I was only hitting 5-8lbs.

I went about 40% throttle at one point and at most I might've hit 8lbs. Is this normal? Am I losing something? Maybe a bad seal or a loss within the turbo?

I don't know what's normal for this, last diesel I owned was a 91 and that truck would give you 44lbs if you gave it a dirty look and talked nice to it.

I feel like I messed something up or something isn't right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2011 CCSB 2500 Laramie Longhorn, Banks elbow/grid heater delete, 5" ReadyLift, Fox 2.0 resv shocks, 20x12 SOTA AWOLs, 35x12.5 Cooper's, Sinister delete and intake, DV8 winch front bumper, 5" TBE no muffler 8" tip axle dump, MM3 with DRD tunes

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Figured it out!

Thank the Lord, thank the Lord!

It was a loose charge tube.

Crisis avoided.

Haha

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Good deal!

If 8 psi was normal I don’t think any of us would own these trucks.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Good deal!

If psi was normal I don’t think any of us would own these trucks.
    Truth!!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

20190827_135819.jpg

So everyone at work was excited for me to throw this redonkulous tip on the truck, so I obliged them. Hahaha.

A little mini work project until next week when I delete the grid heater and throw the banks intake horn on. I cannot believe how much better it drives and feels from deleting what I have thus far.

I have since cut the exhaust down btw, just threw it on like that because people kept asking me when I was going to put the tip on it.

As much as I loathe these garbage can tips, I have to admit, it does sound really good.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Got the banks intake horn on today, I'll upload some pictures later when I get home.

Words of advice,
    Tape that Allen key rod onto a socket, otherwise you'll lose it in the grid heater and wind up having to remove the the intake, twice, because you can't learn from the first mistake. It was a sad moment, but my very being refuses for things to be easy.

Also,
    Turns out that sooted up air charge sensor you remove from your factory intake that you'll say, "it'll be fine"; it's not fine, and it'll throw four codes and you'll have to spend $50 for another. Mine looked to be a 100k mile original, so it's time regardless after the icesicle style soot mess fell off it. Cleaning only made the codes pop faster.

No limp mode though so I took it for a ride, and let me tell you hwut!!!! It's nasty. It has a crazy little whine to it, turbo spools up faster than my chubby self on a nice warm box of chicken wings. I'm super happy with it, sadly, it'll be coming off in the next few weeks to be powder coated to match the sinister stuff and for the grid heater delete, but it'll turn out in the end for my OCD because something doesn't match.

100% worth it in my opinion, I'll see if my phone will be able to catch the whine from it today on my way to the house.

11. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

20190828_165742.jpg

These are the codes I have since the install. I'm hoping by replacing the air charge sensor they'll stop bugging me, I had none prior to install. I believe my whine might be an air leak after driving it home, so I'm going to spend some more time troubleshooting tomorrow if time permits.

Dang it man. LOL

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    20190828_165742.jpg

These are the codes I have since the install. I'm hoping by replacing the air charge sensor they'll stop bugging me, I had none prior to install. I believe my whine might be an air leak after driving it home, so I'm going to spend some more time troubleshooting tomorrow if time permits.

Dang it man. LOL
    Did you try to clear the codes? Sounds like you are building a beast!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

15. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I've tried to clear them, but they pop right back up, that air charge sensor was terrible.

So I'm praying that could be my overall issue. I'll know more whenever I check for leaks again tomorrow.

Nothing really showed face initially, doesn't help I have no clue what it should sound like.

Kind of got high pitched until my truck evened out on the way home so I'm thinking there's a leak somewhere.

Throttle response is ridiculous though, I hit sixty before I even know it at 20-25% throttle.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lifehiker View Post
    I've tried to clear them, but they pop right back up, that air charge sensor was terrible.

So I'm praying that could be my overall issue. I'll know more whenever I check for leaks again tomorrow.

Nothing really showed face initially, doesn't help I have no clue what it should sound like.

Kind of got high pitched until my truck evened out on the way home so I'm thinking there's a leak somewhere.

Throttle response is ridiculous though, I hit sixty before I even know it at 20-25% throttle.
    Yeah it’s crazy ridiculous! Keep us informed what you find out.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

19. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast