Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Coating

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ceramic Coating

I know lots of people use their Cummins for work and couldn’t give a dang about the sparkle (my neighbor has TWO Cummins work trucks and they’re simply coated in mud all the time) but I’m a huge fan of detailing. I use a coating called CQuartz, and I’ve coated my last 4 vehicles. Currently the coating on wifeys Camaro is a year and a half old and still looks like the day I coated it. I finished my coating on the Ram this past weekend, and even pearl white can have some liquid depth to it. Over time, swirl marks from simply drying your truck can be devastating to its appearance. I’d love to answer any questions you fellas have about coating and the process and “if it’s worth it.” If anybody is close to where I am, I can even help you do it. Detailing is my side hobby for when I’m home from sea. Let me know what you guys have coated with, and how it went for you!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes SyN, AnOldBiker, Abgunnar liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Ceramic Coating

Looks good!

I too, have a hobby for detailing and just recently coated my truck Adam's Polishes Ceramic Paste Wax. Awesome stuff as it applies like carnauba wax but gives you about double the length of protection. Plus, the hydrophobic properties are unbelievable!

2018 RAM 2500 (G56) 4.10 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab GCM. TurboSmart Race Port BOV, Trans-Cool (using Hotshot Secret G56)

4. Likes Mariner, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I used Adams products for years but the price point kept getting higher and higher with no real improvement in product quality so I peeled off to other brands.

Adams does make some good products though, and I still have a few on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    Looks good!

I too, have a hobby for detailing and just recently coated my truck Adam's Polishes Ceramic Paste Wax. Awesome stuff as it applies like carnauba wax but gives you about double the length of protection. Plus, the hydrophobic properties are unbelievable!

6. Likes SyN, Dispatch liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Looks great!

I tried a smaller company's ceramic coating and it was not that good.

I would like to try Cquartz though!

I used the Mothers CMX Ceramic spray on my wife's Jeep and it's been holding up since spring!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Mariner, zkline89 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I was under the impression the ceramic coating was fairly permanent, but then found you have to strip it off every few years and reapply.

Is that accurate or does it more or less wear off on its own?

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah, most last up to 2+ years. A good polish or compound would take it right off. It'll take wear and tear like the paint, but a lot of companies sell booster sprays to refresh the coatings.

11. Likes Mariner liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I know lots of people use their Cummins for work and couldn’t give a dang about the sparkle (my neighbor has TWO Cummins work trucks and they’re simply coated in mud all the time) but I’m a huge fan of detailing. I use a coating called CQuartz, and I’ve coated my last 4 vehicles. Currently the coating on wifeys Camaro is a year and a half old and still looks like the day I coated it. I finished my coating on the Ram this past weekend, and even pearl white can have some liquid depth to it. Over time, swirl marks from simply drying your truck can be devastating to its appearance. I’d love to answer any questions you fellas have about coating and the process and “if it’s worth it.” If anybody is close to where I am, I can even help you do it. Detailing is my side hobby for when I’m home from sea. Let me know what you guys have coated with, and how it went for you!
    Wheres your location?

Truck looks glassy!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    Looks great!

I tried a smaller company's ceramic coating and it was not that good.

I would like to try Cquartz though!

I used the Mothers CMX Ceramic spray on my wife's Jeep and it's been holding up since spring!
    I tried a smaller companies as well and had really bad results. I do think you do get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    I was under the impression the ceramic coating was fairly permanent, but then found you have to strip it off every few years and reapply.

Is that accurate or does it more or less wear off on its own?
    It is fairly permanent. Like stated above, wear and tear will eventually break it down. And also like stated above, typically the owner of the coating also sells a booster spray you should apply every 4th wash or so. The age and deteriorated state of the coating will determine how difficult it is to polish off. A newer coating will be much tougher to remove. I’ve found quality pads and polish really make a difference at the end of the day. The CQuartz on my wife’s camaro was applied in February of 2017, and you might as well think it was applied yesterday. With proper care, you can prolong a good coating 2 years, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Wheres your location?

Truck looks glassy!
    Thank you! The pics really can’t do it justice either. My neighbor is letting me coat his 2019 Sierra Denali next weekend.

I’m located in Bartow, FL.

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I tried a smaller companies as well and had really bad results. I do think you do get what you pay for.

It is fairly permanent. Like stated above, wear and tear will eventually break it down. And also like stated above, typically the owner of the coating also sells a booster spray you should apply every 4th wash or so. The age and deteriorated state of the coating will determine how difficult it is to polish off. A newer coating will be much tougher to remove. I’ve found quality pads and polish really make a difference at the end of the day. The CQuartz on my wife’s camaro was applied in February of 2017, and you might as well think it was applied yesterday. With proper care, you can prolong a good coating 2 years, or more.

Thank you! The pics really can’t do it justice either. My neighbor is letting me coat his 2019 Sierra Denali next weekend.

I’m located in Bartow, FL.

I believe it! Too far from me unfortunately LOL. The kits I’ve seen are 30ml and 50ml- do you know about how many ml you used on your truck?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Whew I probably used a solid 30mL. I would probably go with a 50 just in case, but if you have a car as well or know somebody you could sell the remainder too, whatever is left is enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I believe it! Too far from me unfortunately LOL. The kits I’ve seen are 30ml and 50ml- do you know about how many ml you used on your truck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast