Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Fuel Rail Plug (Race Plug, or Fuel Relief Valve)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Fuel Rail Plug (Race Plug, or Fuel Relief Valve)

Hey guys have an 2010 6.7 Cummins all stock minus being deleted was wondering if anyone has taken out the stock Fuel Relief Valve and replaced with with a Fuel Rail Plug on stock fuel system and what was result?

Was watched some videos last night of some "somewhat" inexpensive motor mods to do and this was one of them just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Rail Plug (Race Plug, or Fuel Relief Valve)

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsBoyTx89 View Post
    Hey guys have an 2010 6.7 Cummins all stock minus being deleted was wondering if anyone has taken out the stock Fuel Relief Valve and replaced with with a Fuel Rail Plug on stock fuel system and what was result?

Was watched some videos last night of some "somewhat" inexpensive motor mods to do and this was one of them just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience?

Thanks in advance

Hey bud,

So the reason alot of people install the fuel rail plug is because the stock relief valve is prone to failure stock and tuned and when it fails your rail pressue drops and you wont make full power and some cases it wont run properly at all. The fuel rail plug is just a cheap little safety for your fuel system and dont worry your system will not over pressurize by installing the fuel rail plug.

If you have any more questions just ask bud

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Hey bud,

So the reason alot of people install the fuel rail plug is because the stock relief valve is prone to failure stock and tuned and when it fails your rail pressue drops and you wont make full power and some cases it wont run properly at all. The fuel rail plug is just a cheap little safety for your fuel system and dont worry your system will not over pressurize by installing the fuel rail plug.

If you have any more questions just ask bud

So I wouldn't have any issues maintaining my stock fuel system? I'm looking into doing a little DIY fuel/water separator kit here in the future.

I also had read where someone in a 4th gen did it and there EGT's went out the roof is that even possible? I know it's a cheap mod but I don't want to hurt my truck either as it's my daily.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No it shouldn't cause any problems with your fuel system at all; and there is no way that installing the fuel rail plug could cause egt's to run high. Keep us updated on your diy fuel water separator I'm interested to see what you come up with.

8. Thanks watersupply189, CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, CumminsBoyTx89 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No it shouldn't cause any problems with your fuel system at all; and there is no way that installing the fuel rail plug could cause egt's to run high. Keep us updated on your diy fuel water separator I'm interested to see what you come up with.

10/4 I appreciate it brother! Yeah it's actually something I saw from a Facebook page and screenshot it and I just got to do it now.

But def going to do that fuel rail plug probably tomorrow morning I'm working nights currently

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsBoyTx89 View Post
    10/4 I appreciate it brother! Yeah it's actually something I saw from a Facebook page and screenshot it and I just got to do it now.

But def going to do that fuel rail plug probably tomorrow morning I'm working nights currently

Absolutely bud!

We as a community are always here to help each other

12. Thanks watersupply189, CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, CumminsBoyTx89 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Absolutely bud!

We as a community are always here to help each other

Thanks brother!

Yeah don't have a lot but want to do some simple/cheap mods to help the truck.

I'm planning on doing the CCV delete in the AM, and run a little breather for a bit then try and find a catch can for a permanent solution

14. Likes watersupply189, Western liked this post