Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Body Harness swap on a 2012 2500 crew cab big horn SLT, swapped to 2012 2500 Laramie

1. Top Of Page | #1

Body Harness swap on a 2012 2500 crew cab big horn SLT, swapped to 2012 2500 Laramie

I was able to source a laramie harness in good order that does service a few additional features than my slt of the same year 2500 crew cab.

I completed the harness, it does go into the engine bay a fair bit and made sure once complete all grounds were set, connector were clicked and battery terminals were solid.

In the end the experiment could have been a bust not certain but it would seem just about all the error codes that could come up have, including fly by wire and I made especially certain that was secure so limp mode it is and not sure by my EFI Live Autocal won't clear the codes not sure if it's meant to but it does have a clear DTC's as an option.

Just curious if anyone has run across such a situation some addition codes are lamps out on mirrors, 4 wheel drive, low fuel with 1/4 tank still in tank, service, thx for any feedback

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Body Harness swap on a 2012 2500 crew cab big horn SLT, swapped to 2012 2500 Lara

Quote Originally Posted by bighorntactical View Post
    I was able to source a laramie harness in good order that does service a few additional features than my slt of the same year 2500 crew cab.

I completed the harness, it does go into the engine bay a fair bit and made sure once complete all grounds were set, connector were clicked and battery terminals were solid.

In the end the experiment could have been a bust not certain but it would seem just about all the error codes that could come up have, including fly by wire and I made especially certain that was secure so limp mode it is and not sure by my EFI Live Autocal won't clear the codes not sure if it's meant to but it does have a clear DTC's as an option.

Just curious if anyone has run across such a situation some addition codes are lamps out on mirrors, 4 wheel drive, low fuel with 1/4 tank still in tank, service, thx for any feedback
    I haven't experienced this but would imagine if there are not lamps/bulbs plugged in for all features then it would trigger a code.

Out of curiosity what are you trying to add for features?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: Body Harness swap on a 2012 2500 crew cab big horn SLT, swapped to 2012 2500 Lara

i got a set of heated/air seats in good shape for a good price and figured when I go to do some audio work if I happen to source a body harness I'll see about swapping then. I guess my question is despite the EFI Live Autotuner having the option to clear all DTC's is that really possible on a 2012? Or would it really require a more dedicated reader to clear the necessary codes

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

well the replacement harness as I discovered had a couple worn connectors where the connection was less than ideal, I may need to see if I can get them refurbished and give it another go then but until then I swapped back the original and no issue just as before.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post