Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Levels with coils - Bilstein 2.3, Thuren 2.0 or Carli 2.0

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Levels with coils - Bilstein 2.3, Thuren 2.0 or Carli 2.0

I feel every time I research this topic, I find more info to make me lean in another direction! My Laramie came with bilsteins and it’s still a super rough ride. Being new to HD trucks, this may be normal, but the bilsteins I had on my 4Runner rode really nice onroad. I can’t ride down the cobblestone roads in my historic region without feeling like my truck is going to rattle itself apart. Again... may be normal. I’m stuck between icon and carli right now for a level... but will continue to follow threads like this one!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Ive only run a spacer with Bilstein 5100 shocks on my truck and havent had issues. The Bilsteins are popular for the 2500 applications, I ran them on my 3rd gen and run them on my current truck.

Hit up Clayton with Dudes Diesel Performance who is a vendor on here. He has great knowledge on these kinds of kits and would be able to get what you are wanting/needing. He is who I purchased my shocks from
    Spacers with 5100s was the death of those shocks in the Tundra community. Reason being, the spacers allowed the shocks to over travel, which would bend or snap the bottoms off if the suspension articulated too hard.
    Just something to keep in mind if off roading your truck.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Depending on your budget, I recommend, Thuren coils, Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings, it really made a difference.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Spacers with 5100s was the death of those shocks in the Tundra community. Reason being, the spacers allowed the shocks to over travel, which would bend or snap the bottoms off if the suspension articulated too hard.
    Just something to keep in mind if off roading your truck.
    Mines a pavement/gravel road princess.

These trucks are too big and heavy for off-road IMO!

Only time I use 4WD is at the boat ramps.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Mines a pavement/gravel road princess.

These trucks are too big and heavy for off-road IMO!

Only time I use 4WD is at the boat ramps.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 12.05.33 PM.jpg

The guys at Strapt Performance, Black & Blue Racing, and Carli would strongly disagree with your assessment

Just giving you a hard time.

Suspension is all about needs. If you don't have a requirement for off-road capability, you will probably never have an issue with spacers (minus big potholes, those'll getcha). I personally off-road my trucks, hard, so my suspension needs are going to be vastly different that someone elses!

10. Likes watersupply189, ylwiron liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I can't comment on others, but the Bilstein's and ICON Springs and track bar has been a nice combination for me.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12