Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 2011 2500 loss of everything!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2011 2500 loss of everything!

Hey all,

Need some help. Details first, 2011 ram 2500, 6.7 EGR deleted, Mini Max Programmer and a 5 inch FLO~PRO turbo back.

Now the issue. Remote started it up in the mountains and it immediately sounded like the exhaust brake was on. Threw a ton of codes, P226c P2563 P2228 P1193 P0102 P2262. I

ran a diagnostic on the programmer and tried shutting off and resetting the EB.

Didn't work. Truck would not register any boost, had zero power and i had to limp home blowing straight black some the entire way (at 7 mph) it wouldn't go any faster.

I have checked all hoses to make sure it didn't blow one off, i have checked the fuse in the engine and when i disconnected the cannon plug on the turbo it ran fine.

I haven't driven it since i disco'd. I don't know where else to look, I have read about the Map and MAF sensors but would that affect everything like it did?

I also saw that the circuit board on the turbo could have fried and could cause half of the issues.

HELP!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2011 2500 loss of everything!

Quote Originally Posted by WSPRNI View Post
    Hey all,

Need some help. Details first, 2011 ram 2500, 6.7 EGR deleted, Mini Max Programmer and a 5 inch FLO~PRO turbo back.

Now the issue. Remote started it up in the mountains and it immediately sounded like the exhaust brake was on. Threw a ton of codes, P226c P2563 P2228 P1193 P0102 P2262. I

Didn't work. Truck would not register any boost, had zero power and i had to limp home blowing straight black some the entire way (at 7 mph) it wouldn't go any faster.

I have checked all hoses to make sure it didn't blow one off, i have checked the fuse in the engine and when i disconnected the cannon plug on the turbo it ran fine.

I haven't driven it since i disco'd. I don't know where else to look, I have read about the Map and MAF sensors but would that affect everything like it did?

I also saw that the circuit board on the turbo could have fried and could cause half of the issues.

HELP!
    Sounds like the turbo too a dump.

How many miles?

Also a bit random but may be related how are your batteries?

Low voltage will cause issues especially at start up. Have you unhooked batteries yet to reset?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hey all,

HELP!
    My truck did the same thing in January and unfortunately it turned out the turbo had seized up. They tried to clean it, I'm not real sure what that consisted of, but it didn't work, so I ended up buying a new turbo.
    Kind of pricey, if I had been at home I would have done the work myself, but I was four hours from home with a jeep on a trailer so had to have the work done there.
    Apparently the turbo vanes get soot packed in them and it causes them to seize. It was more common on the pre DEF trucks like ours because the DPF emissions system created a lot of soot. Deleting, running the truck hard and running the exhaust brake all the time is supposed to help to keep that from happening.
    I deleted at around 55,000 and run the exhaust brake all the time, but I bought the truck used with 50,000 on it, so who knows what the previous owner did.

I would take it to a reputable shop and see if they can clean the turbo or you could try cleaning it yourself. There are some videos and posts on how to do it if you do a Google search for "cummins 6.7 turbo cleaning"..

Good luck, hope it's something besides your turbo.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey all,

HELP!
    Mine did the same, I found the VG vein had dropped the l shaped stop in the bottom of the turbo, is was not allowing the VGT to close therefore it would not build low rpm boost and the truck smoked like crazy.

I changed the turbo (didn’t want to take the chance of failure again while out on the road).

I replaced with the BD turbo and in-line exhaust brake.

2011 mega cab sleeper nuff said
    If you can’t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies, i almost have the turbo out and just went ahead and ordered a new one. The truck has 87k on it and i bought it at 52k. I immedeatly deleted it, but like yall say. Who know how the previous owner drove it. The new turbo will be here thursday so ill keep you updated!

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies, i almost have the turbo out and just went ahead and ordered a new one. The truck has 87k on it and i bought it at 52k. I immedeatly deleted it, but like yall say. Who know how the previous owner drove it. The new turbo will be here thursday so ill keep you updated!
    You go with stock turbo?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com